Please do not use an email address as your username. If you have, please change your username. ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
haveugot1

Naming your bike

Come on lads and lasses just read that people like to call thier bikes names,

What do u call yours and why? scratch

I never used too but my wife works with adults with disabilities and thers a lady aged 40 called Sam who comes to my workplace most saturdays for a cuppa and a chat, she loves motorbikes and suffers with a number of mental and physical disabilities and its her job to name my bikes, shes named the last four motorbikes for me they are as follows..
1 val, honda varadero
2 Hetty, the honda 650slr
3 sarah, suzuki bandit
4 Rita, my latest suzuki bandit (rizla) thumbs it makes her day to name the bikes and everytime she sees me on it she tells everyone its name at that shes responsible for naming her thumbs

call mine " Start ya useless heap off japanese censored "

not really, I dont name them it lessens the pain when I chuck them up the road Sad

I dont name them until they play up then its "ferking heap of shit" Embarassed

Guest Guest
jessica, watch sin city and tell me you wouldn't wanna ride that.

Guest Guest
I've named my new bike "side kick"!

@flange wrote:
I dont name them until they play up then its "ferking heap of shit" Embarassed
agree

only really named one.. Smokey, my first big bike, first bandit which happened to have been a CAT C Write off due to... wait for it... fire damage Very Happy

Guest Guest

my bandit fighter was 'fat arse bandit' cos it's got a fat arse (and me too) and it's a bandit - not cos I'm a fat arsebandit LaughingLaughingLaughing I changed it to Jinx cos everything that goes wrong with it.

My fzr6 is called bitch a few times when it cuts out.

Aren't we an unimaginative bunch? whatever happened to Bucephalus or Boanerges? Or even Rocinante? Ah well, I'll just stick with the black one or the silver one. At least the wife will know what I'm talking about! Laughing

Bucephalus

Why well it all started some time back around the 20th or 21 July 356 when Alexander the Great was bourn, some time later at a Horse fair his Father Phillip II gave a horse to the young Alexander now 13, who had managed to tame the horse that others had said was untameable.

As we know Alexander the Great when onto to rule over most of what is now Europe and Asia Minor.

So why Bucephalus well that was the name of Alexander’s horse, which transported him from home in Greece to what was then the furthers any Greek had been know to travel, the horse did die in a great battle, something I hope does not befall my BMW Shocked

Ok so I have summarises the facts somewhat but it’s a story that has interested me from a small child.

E.goldstein “they watching you”! Suspect

that depends on if it starts or not!

I was wondering Trebor has not replied to this thread yet, I'm sure there is a name for that bike somewhere maybe something his daughter has christened it with. Common Trebor cough up Very HappyVery Happy

@darkember wrote:
I was wondering Trebor has not replied to this thread yet, I'm sure there is a name for that bike somewhere maybe something his daughter has christened it with. Common Trebor cough up Very HappyVery Happy
Yes come on Rob Laughing

@Davehutch wrote:
@darkember wrote:
Yes come on Rob Laughing
agree

@day101 wrote:
@Davehutch wrote:
@darkember wrote:
Yes come on Rob Laughing
agree
agree still waiting Rob Laughing

Not named mine but i know its female cos when i went past a group of people the other day i heard one of them shout "look at the c**t on that"

Not named mine but i know its female cos when i went past a group of people the other day i heard one of them shout "look at the c**t on that"

foflfoflfoflfoflfoflfoflfoflfofl

@jezza wrote:
foflfoflfofl

My wifes cars called cilla Laughing everyone always tells me when theyve seen cilla Laughing not the wife thumbs

my wife has a Fiat 500 called fiona, I call it Fiat owner much to her anoyance, job done Very Happy

never really named mine,but always refer to them as a female

like shes a beauty Rolling Eyes

@jezza wrote:
foflfoflfofl

Guest Guest
@Stue11 wrote:
@day101 wrote:
@Davehutch wrote:
@darkember wrote:
Yes come on Rob Laughing
agree
agree still waiting Rob Laughing

I heard him whisper its name this weekend...my precious... fofl

I call my bandit The witch

the numberplate HXA and witch is spelled HÄXA lol!

I dont have any name for the others

we've always named our cars/bikes!, my wife's car is called Foxy because when we were going to buy it she thought the number plate ended fxy hence foxy! turns out it ended fyx but foxy stuck. my car is called Mildred because it was owned by a lovely old lady from new - until I bought it of course! Very Happy , and my ZZR is called Magic because it's metallic black and it's f***ing magic - geddit? Laughing

I had a mate that had a deep Blue ZX1200 and called it Merlin!
He had a number plate made with Merlin on the bottom.

When we asked why he called it Merlin his reply.........

Derrr like the fish..............

Sorry don’t you mean Marlin! foflfoflfoflfoflfoflfoflfoflfoflfofl

Deslexia rules KO!!!!!cheers

E.goldstein “they watching you”! Suspect