Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Guest

Speeding ticket

Guest Guest
Hubbys just got a speeding ticket through from our trip up to Yorkshire last week. It was on the A1 northbound. Well anyway it was 61 in a 50mph zone. Will he get points or is it just a fine.

I'm not being too smug as I'm normally behind him, so I'll wait and see if I get one. I did remember saying to him on the intercom, you do realise this is a 50 don't you and he ignored me!!

Guest Guest
he will most likely get a fixed penalty of 3 points and a 60 pound fine, points stay on for 3 years, get wiped after 4 and no longer need to be declared to insurance after 5. the fine should be paid in the form of 6000 urine soaked pennies.

Guest Guest
@Davehutch wrote:
That it blame the old man blarblarhide

Well it wasn't me that got the ticket......so far!

@airlock wrote:
he will most likely get a fixed penalty of 3 points and a 60 pound fine, points stay on for 3 years, get wiped after 4 and no longer need to be declared to insurance after 5. the fine should be paid in the form of 6000 urine soaked pennies.
agreeSad

That should be a Conditional Offer as has been said. I got done 42 in a 30 and thought I might get a summons with being so much over, but most forces just want the easy life. And hard luck BTW. Smile

as said 3points £60.00 fine

@airlock wrote:

With the points you have to pay to have them removed if they have not been removed they will still count.

I remember a story about a young lad that got pulled over for speeding, the policeman said "I've been waiting for you all day" to which the young lad replied "Well, I got here as fast as I could officer..."

Sorry to hear about the speeding ticket Rose. Come to the Isle of Man where we don't have speed cameras Wink Or a speed limit for that matter.

With the points you have to pay to have them removed if they have not been removed they will still count.

Don't know where you got that idea from. On that basis I should have been banned twice by now. Twisted Evil Your points are valid for three years for totting up purposes, whether they're on your counterpart or not.

bad luck rose,you might get offered a course but i doubt it.

Don't know where you got that idea from. On that basis I should have been banned twice by now. Twisted Evil Your points are valid for three years for totting up purposes, whether they're on your counterpart or not.
you are right sorry. but there is a £20 fee to have them removed thumbs

it was such a nice day as well rose they must of got him in the average speed cameras north of wetherby censored

what a bummer Rose, there but for the grace of God go all of us.

I did hear if you were to pay the incorrect amount the computer system has a spac attack & cannot put the points on the licence. Worth a try.

@darkember wrote:
I did hear if you were to pay the incorrect amount the computer system has a spac attack & cannot put the points on the licence. Worth a try.

Used to work like that. You could write a cheque for £59.99 or somesuch & the system wouldn't process it. Now you'll just get done for failure to pay. As I have learned, best to take it on the chin & pay up, unless you want to go the full fat version & return mail as NO CONTRACT RETURN TO SENDER. That's a whole other thing though. Smile