Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Guest

do you modify?

Guest Guest
as many of you will no i spent a lot of time on the bandit forum were it seems every member including my self modified there bike to some extent, i'm wondering who does modify there bikes and who leaves them as the factory intended. if you do mod it what do you and why and to what bike?

only change exhaust and seat on most of my bikes, however, this one got:-

Z1000 btw,
Mivv x-cones
custom seats by grizzley
chrome crash bungs
CNC engine 'sliders'
beowulf rad guard
'touring' screen
power commander
K&N filter
tail tidy
mini indicators

the rest is just perfect as it is Smile

Guest Guest
so some mild performance improvements a few aesthetic bits and bobs and one or two comfort mods. sounds like a good way of getting what you want while still keeping the bike close to its roots.

Daytona has a quill can and headers with the can stubbied (mostly for noise but frees up a few ponies aswell)
triumph remap for the new system
crash mushrooms
renteck grab rail for the pillions
bar risers
oxford heated grips
cnc leavers

thats it so far as i would like to keep it close to stock as its the 100th anniversary ce model.

would like to replace the rear shock and change the springs in the front or convert to usd while keeping the originals for resale, would also quite like braided front lines and some adjustable rearsets.

im trying to keep my ace standard as i think it looks good like that i have done a few things such as changing the fairing fasteners and disc bolts to a2 stainless the old ones were a bit tatty and nos peg rubbers etc and ive fitted a renntec rack.
i did modify my bandit a lot as it was in a right state when i got it thumbs

Guest Guest
i know what you mean about the bandit, mine was shot when i got it, needed the front and back suspension completely renewing and the zorst was buggered and the dam thing was flecked with so much sodding rust. still a good excuse to polish the crap out of it.

@airlock wrote:
i know what you mean about the bandit, mine was shot when i got it, needed the front and back suspension completely renewing and the zorst was buggered and the dam thing was flecked with so much sodding rust. still a good excuse to polish the crap out of it.
the build quality on the bandits not the best to say the least the ace is 15 this year and still looks new thumbs

yep i do,

my list is as follows.

powdercoated frame
braided lines
renthals
hayabusa rear shock.
braced swingarm.
progressive springs up front
digital speedo
scorpion end can and stainless headers
nearly every bolt stainless. Apart from the important ones lol

everything else is aesthetic changes that just make the bike look good.
lots of polishing etc. thumbs

my bike has 1 or 2 things , nothing to extreme.

a dynojet carb kit fitted ,
nitrous oxide injection running with progressive controller.
3 ohm dyna coils
dyna 2000 ignition system
taylor leads
twin exhaust system
braced and extended swingarm
uprated oil system including cooler , catch tank , braided lines
hagon front & rear suspension
rear sets
braided brake lines,wavey discs , adjustable span levers
billet windowed ignition cover
koso digital speedo
twin lights
flyscreen
billet aluminium sprocket cover
various polished bits

and probably lots of other bits and bobs I've missed.

For pure grin factor, it had the be the big SV. The torque and sound was brilliant. It was also very comfy even though you wouldn't imagine it to be. I used to get numb wrists on the B6. That said, I'm wanting a b12 soon. I loved how I got the b6 looking and they are much easier to mod. I want to do a full project b12. If it doesn't give me as much fun as the sv did then I'll either sell the b12 for another sv or I'll have both Very Happy

Guest Guest
nah you know in you're heart you want a tls, easy to mod and bags of terrifying fun.

@airlock wrote:
nah you know in you're heart you want a tls, easy to mod and bags of terrifying fun.

i prefer the look of the sv tho. just look at it. that is 1 sexy beast Very Happy

Guest Guest

yeh but its got the castrated engine in it, think how much more sack craking raw power there would be, not to metion the ability to studdy the hedgerows of the british isles up close. Laughing

lol. Maybe I'll have to do an engine conversion if I got another SV although there's more than enough power for me on a little island like this Smile. Especially with my experience of the crap brakes.

ive packed in,gone from modded to standard

although I do have a few plans,for the b12
but these will be very suttle thumbs

@lee wrote:
ive packed in,gone from modded to standard

although I do have a few plans,for the b12
but these will be very suttle thumbs
Dont blame you Lee get out on her and enjoy riding it thumbs

Guest Guest

My b6 is slightly modded:

R1 2000 front end
R1 2008 rear seat/subby
B12 swinger and wheel
slabby 750 engine & flatslides
harris rearsets
renthals
custom headlight
yanpots
billet indicators
frame infills
sp engineering zorst (or will be when it gets fitted)
braided hoses......

not much really
LaughingLaughingLaughing

Same for me, just a few bits:

Renthal bars
short levers
carbon fibre front mudguard
Quill can
chrome frame inserts
alloy pegs (front and back)
LED back light/ front indicators
braided hoses
after market bellypan

Mainly to get it looking as I want. When I took if for it's test guy said to me he has no idea what the Bandit actually looks like as he's never seen two the same Shockedthumbsthumbsthumbsthumbs

First mod was to cover all the paint and bodywork with Venture Shield plus front light cover, next replaced the indicator lenses with clear ones next was a Zero G taller screen. Carbon rear huger, one off CNC’ed brace arm.

Then I got down to getting a the horses to pull together I popped down to the local Dyno first run stock was 158BHP I then put in a pair of K&N cone filters in, second run 170BHP and a much smother power curve, next I put an Akrapovic end can on third run 178BHP! Get in!!!! thumbs
I would love to get a Power Commander III but it’s not worth it as I want to get the K13 maybe later this year.

E.goldstein “they watching you”! Suspect

Guest Guest

forgot my Pazzos... got those too thumbs

I dont have to modify anything as ive got an ex GSRV Rizla suzuki Laughing if anything ive had to de tune her hide i wish fofl SEE fofl

@Stue11 wrote:
I dont have to modify anything as ive got an ex GSRV Rizla suzuki Laughing if anything ive had to de tune her hide i wish fofl SEE fofl

thought you wernt allowed dirty pictures on the forum lol. pure filth Shocked

If it's broke, fix it. If ait aint broke turbocharge it! thumbs (Tim "toolman" Taylor)

i modify everything lol if i had a car it would be done lol before my blade was wrote off

on my blade(RRX)

engine tuning(slipper clutch,polished and ported head high lift cams,high comp pistons, dyno jet stage 3 running roughly 160bhp)
viper exhaust system(can cut in half)
repsol paint job
wavy discs
goodridge hoses
powder coated frame and swing arm
and loads more i cant remember

the vtr sp1 so far

moto gp cans
flapper mod done
renthal chain and sprocket kit 15/41 set up

@Stue11 wrote:
Bloodyhell Jay what happend there Shocked

well and 81 yr old man hit me and the wife in the side happened mothers day last year bad times

@Jay-Jay wrote:
@Stue11 wrote:

well and 81 yr old man hit me and the wife in the side happened mothers day last year bad times
Bet it was mate Shocked

@Stue11 wrote:
@Jay-Jay wrote:
@Stue11 wrote:

Bet it was mate Shocked
agree

You were lucky mate allthough saying that what injuries you both suffer Sad apart from loosing ya pride and joy Sad

Main thing is your still here and can ride! thumbs

@Stue11 wrote:
You were lucky mate allthough saying that what injuries you both suffer Sad apart from loosing ya pride and joy Sad

@day101 wrote:

i was fairly ok wrist injury back injury my wife she broke her femur was so tough but we pulled through she aint riding at the mo want to get her on her own bike and to join the forum Very Happy

@Jay-Jay wrote:
@Stue11 wrote:

@day101 wrote:

i was fairly ok wrist injury back injury my wife she broke her femur was so tough but we pulled through she aint riding at the mo want to get her on her own bike and to join the forum Very Happy
Cracking plan there buddy, thumbs

@Jay-Jay wrote:
@Stue11 wrote:

@day101 wrote:

Jesus! that must have been a close call Dude

ITCHY wrote:
@Jay-Jay wrote:
@Stue11 wrote:

@day101 wrote:

Jesus! that must have been a close call Dude
Bloodyhell mate that must have killed, tell her to join the forum you dont have to have a license to ride to join up and post thumbs

she has her licence lol for nearly 2 years she wants a gxsr 750 or an orange ninja like all women very expensive although i do owe her a bike Very HappyVery Happy

@Jay-Jay wrote:
she has her licence lol for nearly 2 years she wants a gxsr 750 or an orange ninja like all women very expensive although i do owe her a bike Very HappyVery Happy
lol better do as your told lol!

@Jay-Jay wrote:
Sorry mate i miss read it Embarassed tell her to join up anyway, and yea buy her one Very Happythumbs

@Jay-Jay wrote:
but all hard work can go tits up in a couple of secs

Hay Jay that bike has been ripped apart talk about a fast way to go naked. Glad you both were ok. Smashes like that rarely have happy endings. Was that your move to the Vtwin? Mind u the SP is a mad machine I have the tame version Very Happy

@darkember wrote:
@Jay-Jay wrote:
but all hard work can go tits up in a couple of secs

Hay Jay that bike has been ripped apart talk about a fast way to go naked. Glad you both were ok. Smashes like that rarely have happy endings. Was that your move to the Vtwin? Mind u the SP is a mad machine I have the tame version Very Happy

Yer always fancied one would've always kept the blade and had an sp1 too but wasn't to be :-(