Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
day101

Insurance says no to pillions

must admit that i agree with the sports bike bit, really should be single seaters in my opinion

It's basically a back door way of increasing premiums. what SHOULD happen is a sports bike rider, or anyone who declines pillion cover, should receive a lower premium since they are lowering the potential risk. This way means that insurance companies can use the fig leaf of potential pillion claims as a means of justifying their rapacious greed. As the article points out, you don't have to specifically cover passengers in your car. If the accommodation is in place, the premium ought to cover it. Smile

If the accommodation is in place, the premium ought to cover it. Smile

can't argue with that, although I wasn't making an point for insurance ,I was talkin in general Very Happy

ITCHY wrote:
If the accommodation is in place, the premium ought to cover it. Smile

can't argue with that, although I wasn't making an point for insurance ,I was talkin in general Very Happy

Yeah you're prob right-not to mention you'd need to be a hunchbacked dwarf to fit on most sportsbikes. Laughing

bit crazy really. some sports bike are fine, for example cbr600f. fair enought aome super sports, and supermotos, thats abit dodgy

You can carry 4 plus the driver in a 250bhp Scooby,cause it seats 5 but you cant carry two on a lot of bikes that take 2 fighting

Makes about £15 difference on my premium as I just queried it.