Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fazergill

OP Date AT LAST !!!

Well I have just had a call from my consultants secretary to say after a VERY long wait - my op date is the 10th Aug> I have to admit I'm scared!! if they got it right the 1st time I wouldn't be needing it - So 'm praying ( athesist me lol ) that it goes right this time thumbs . IF I get decent mobility back in my left arm there's a fair chance I will be able to ride again but IF not - )-: But i'll still be able to give my worse half a good slap with my right so all is not lost & i'll be buying a trike Shocked TBH it's the 3 months of physio before I really get to know the results that's the worst - So roll on November lol & hopefully it'll be party time Smile

Well had my op - Shoulder very sore but the Tendon was ok so they just removed scar tissue. Started physio while I was in my hospital bed - bloody hell that hurts with fresh stitches!!! Sad All I can do now is wait & see if I get a better range of movement after intensive physio - sadly i'm not that hopeful & my surgeon told me that I might just have to accept the outcome of the op or have even more sugery with no guarantees. Time will tell I guess - but on the positive side - i'll recover relatively quickly from the surgery & at least it wont be months before I can drive like last time Very Happy
http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac295/1964rockchick/P10005741600x1200.jpg
Sorry USELESSSSSSS at adding pics !!!

Fingers crossed for a good recovery - hope the results are better than you anticipate. thumbs

On a brighter note, chicks dig scars.. Very Happy ..oh hang on.. head bang

Glad the op was easier, and better, than expected. Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery and mobility in the arm and shoulder thumbsthumbs

Thanks everyone Smile just to update (sorry I only post about me at the mo!!) but hopefully i'll be able to say I managed a bike ride 1 day -
op went well - Tendon didn't have to be repaired but I had (surgeon words) a mass of very messy scar tissue that had to be removed (kinda like a frozen shoulder) can't believe the difference - PAIN free for the 1st time since last Aug Very HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery Happy . They had me doing physio LITERALLY a couple of hours after my op - Get up from that bed & work woman lol . Stitches came out wed & being doing physio daily - I have SOOOO much more movement already it's amazing thumbsthumbsthumbs & start Hydrotherapy this coming wednesday - swimming in a lovely warm pool - Bliss lol - Feeling REALLY positive for the 1st time since my off. Thanks for letting me share this with you & Thanks for your kind words of support - 1 VERY HAPPY BUNNY Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy

ooops sorry - told you some of that already !!!! Just so pleased with my progress I want to tell everyone lol!!

Dont worry about it Gill keep us updated all the best thumbs