Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Guest

diagnose handeling please.

Guest Guest
hey guys and girl been having some handling problems with the daytona at the moment and was hoping i could be pointed in the right direction. not adjusted anything or made any significant changes but the bike has become a bit unstable at the front end when cornering at speed, feels a bit vague and wobbles about witch is less then ideal, is this likely to e an issue with the front or with the back of the bike?

Check your tyre pressures mate. I know its daft but my T595 was SO sensitive to even the slightest drop in pressure

check bearings for movement and if you can get the front wheel off the ground wiggle it as wheel bearings might be on there way out

Sounds like you have lost the tire profile.take some pics of the front tire tred and post um.

try having nitrogen put in your tyres only £1 per wheel the molecules are larger than air so dont weep away as easily keeping tyres correctly inflated for longer thumbs

Guest Guest
my first thought was tyre pressure as it does get a bit quiffy when its off, im running 36 front and rear at the moment as the original 36/42 ate the tyres and didnt offer as much grip. a baring check is a good idea so ill get on it, dont think the head bareings have ever been changed since it was made in 02 so they are probably going to need swapping. the rear tyre needs replacing but the front is pretty much new so i doubt it would be that.

try having nitrogen put in your tyres only £1 per wheel the molecules are larger than air so dont weep away as easily keeping tyres correctly inflated for longer thumbs
agree i have the machine thumbs and it works to thumbs

What Brand make of tyres are you running?
Just as a matter of intrest I fitted BT45s to my airhead BM and set the pressures to handbook spec 28R 26F handled like a sack of censored untill I checked the Bridgestone site 30F 38R much better.Modern tires on an old bike hoooooo yes delightful thumbs

Guest Guest
Currently running metzler sporteck m5's witch I quite like.

As said might be tyre profile , but it could also be head bearing , worn or to tight , scratch