Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

talking to stan. is it worth getting nitrogen in my tyres? maybe not at mine bikes transport but after winter it becomes a summer toy, and nice weather bike?

what are the benefits etc?

All tyres allow gas to travel through the sidewall, which is why you need to regularly check your tyre pressures. Filling tyres with Nitrogen means that your tyre pressure will remain correct for longer because the rate at which Nitrogen passes out the walls of your tyres is slower than oxygen.

Correct tyre pressure can mean that you increase the fuel efficiency of your vehicle – under inflated tyres cause resistance, which means that more power is required to move the vehicle forward and therefore uses more fuel. Its well worth itb mate.

Guest Guest
not worth the effort, just check em evrey few days. a 600 bandit is going to be far less effected by a few psi out then say a cbr 600rr.

@airlock wrote:
not worth the effort, just check em evrey few days. a 600 bandit is going to be far less effected by a few psi out then say a cbr 600rr.
Doesnt matter whatever the vehicle or tyre size a few psi out will give you irregular wear and bad handleing thumbs

@airlock wrote:
Doesnt matter whatever the vehicle or tyre size a few psi out will give you irregular wear and bad handleing thumbs i agree with stue

Guest Guest
i heard nitrogen still leaked so surely its better to just get into the routine of checking em more often then finding a place that does nitrogen and paying extra for it.

@airlock wrote:
i heard nitrogen still leaked so surely its better to just get into the routine of checking em more often then finding a place that does nitrogen and paying extra for it.
If you have a puncture or a correded rim then it will still leak, Nitrogen as bigger molocules and therefor take longer to leak, you will always loose pressure over time as rubber is a poras material, nitro runs at cooler temps therefor not creating very much heat inside the casing and less heat means less condensation equals not loosing much air. I put nitro in me B12 36f 36r the begining of may, since then ive coverd just over 2000miles and on average ive only lost half a pound pressure each month ive checked them and that was probably escaped from when i put the gauge on thumbs Its good stuff we only charge a £1 a wheel to have it filled with it and i think its a £1 well spent, but each to there own, hope ive made sense Laughing

thanx for the advice ill give it a shot. just need to find somewhere who does it. may go find a place today and then go for a blast.

when i do my tyres every coupld of weeks, and looks half a psi on average. quite good, but tyres are only 3-4 months old, and already 2/3's worn :/ ooops lol.

stue how often you rechon i should have it re-done?

also if does get abit low, is it safe to add abit of air at times?

thanx

thanx for the advice ill give it a shot. just need to find somewhere who does it. may go find a place today and then go for a blast.

when i do my tyres every coupld of weeks, and looks half a psi on average. quite good, but tyres are only 3-4 months old, and already 2/3's worn :/ ooops lol.

stue how often you rechon i should have it re-done?

also if does get abit low, is it safe to add abit of air at times?

thanx
I check mine once a month mate and you need to find your nearest Ats tyre place our machines put at least 95% nitro in em as other machines especially some older ones only managed to achieve 75% nitro which in affect didnt make much difference, if you need to top up with normal compressed air then thats ok to do so thumbs

okay thanx. if its once a month is that de-flate then refil or just a top up?

and how about halford autocentres where they do tyres, mot, exhausts etc?

okay thanx. if its once a month is that de-flate then refil or just a top up?

and how about halford autocentres where they do tyres, mot, exhausts etc?
Do you want me to ring ats in sittingbourne thats your nearest centre thumbs

do you work in halfords then? lol

and yeh the alto centre is at the industrial estate. if not my local kwik fit might do it?

do you work in halfords then? lol

and yeh the alto centre is at the industrial estate. if not my local kwik fit might do it?
ATS Euromaster i work for lol im the manager in Leominster thumbs

ah cool lol. ill try kwik fit in sheerness if no luck go or a stroll to halfords thanx thumbs

I've ran nitrogen in my Bandit tyres for a few years. Straight after having new tyres I'd go to 1 of 2 car tyre places and ask them to fill them up with nitrogen. Over the years I've either been charged £2 for both tyres or once they didn't charge me at all thumbs

got it done! £2 Smile place called tiger tired. he inflated and de-flted 3 times to get air out, then filled them.

he said that i should rarely ever need it toped up. he said dw about monthly. he said just keep and eye on the pressure

i had my tyres fitted to the zed months ago ( think it was march/april? ) checked the tyres, still on 40 rear and 36 front, same as when first had them fitted.. not lost a single drop of air! yes AIR not nitrogen.. never seen the need for it, if its a good tight seal between rim and tyre and a good tyre valve then all should be good Smile

oh well nitrogen sounds better! pussy lmao!

and the bike does feel different imho. he even said ti will handle a bit different.

@fr499y wrote:
i had my tyres fitted to the zed months ago ( think it was march/april? ) checked the tyres, still on 40 rear and 36 front, same as when first had them fitted.. not lost a single drop of air! yes AIR not nitrogen.. never seen the need for it, if its a good tight seal between rim and tyre and a good tyre valve then all should be good Smile
Air will always leak out of a tyre! its not 100% air tight. the thing with nitrogen it will escape alot slow than air will. thumbs

does it sit more stable or something? bike feels lighter in corners. only a tiny bit. when it had right psi i did it saturday but with air

does it sit more stable or something? bike feels lighter in corners. only a tiny bit. when it had right psi i did it saturday but with air
what it does is provide a better contact patch with the road by keeping the pressure the same when in the increase in temp in the tyre. thumbs

ah could be why then. okay knee down tmoz! i swear getting sick of just skimming lmao!