Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gravelrash

battery life

Not really sure where to put this mods so move it if needed confused
Just wondered who's original battery or replacement has lasted the longest? My b12 k5 is original and is 6 years old. (kiss of death i know!). A mate has had 3 batteries in the same period Shocked .

i keep a charger on mine , as i find if the bike has a alarm . this will kill a battery ,did on my bandit when i had it , but i dont ride my bikes ever day , but 6 years is good im sure it will die now ...... lol Sad

my track bikes still got the same battery it had on when i bought it in 2004,hooked up to an optimate all the time and its still fine.once had an optimate pack up on my other halfs bike over winter so i got the oxford oxymiser and up to now no problems.

ive managed about 6yrs outa the oe spec varta battery on the exup but as im putting it on a diet im considering one of these new type Li ion type's they only weigh 500g a massive 5 kilos lighter than oe.

Anyone tried them yet?

@steph42 wrote:
ive managed about 6yrs outa the oe spec varta battery on the exup but as im putting it on a diet im considering one of these new type Li ion type's they only weigh 500g a massive 5 kilos lighter than oe.

Anyone tried them yet?

ive still got the oe varta on my exup thunderace and its 15 years old,cant help with the li ion im sure someone will know thumbs

I'm a winner! party My ZZR still has the original battery from 1993!!!!!!!! thumbs now that's reliability!!!

I'm a winner! party My ZZR still has the original battery from 1993!!!!!!!! thumbs now that's reliability!!!

applauseapplauseapplause I'll re-post in 15 years and see if I can beat that nickerbelly! thumbs

applauseapplauseapplause I'll re-post in 15 years and see if I can beat that nickerbelly! thumbs

Laughing I think it is definitely the exception rather than the rule in this case though!!

Fair play cant moan at that