Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Davehutch-hutchs

Ginger beer

Is this Ginger Alcolic or Enid Blyton Ginger beer I want a swig any way.Swap yer for some home made Mushroom soup its tasty and after will you see strange colours! thumbs

@XS1100 wrote:
Is this Ginger Alcolic or Enid Blyton Ginger beer I want a swig any way.Swap yer for some home made Mushroom soup its tasty and after will you see strange colours! thumbs
lol! its Enid Blyton sorry

MMMM tasty I am more in to Root beer it tasts weird Shocked

im sure with some Rum in the glass it will be well nice , Dave party

my ginger beer tastes nice drinking I froze the plant while I went away and thought i had killed it, but its come to life again party so i now have endless supply , just need to find people to give half the plant to every 6 days or so when I split it, seems a shame to chuck it away Sad

Word to the wise Dave-brewing in plastic pop bottles is a dodgy business. We once lost about a gallon of elderflower champagne when a bottle exploded. Sounded like the gas main had gone up! Laughing

you get a jam jar with a lid and poke a hole in the top with a nail ,

sanitize the jar with boiling water

then you add the plant which is yeast, ground ginger, granulated sugar ( this is what the half is that i throw away ) and add 275ml (10fl oz ) of water , give it a good stir screw the lid on then leave at room temperature for 24 hours , it will come cloudy as the yeast comes to life and starts to live of the sugar,

every day for 6 days feed the plant with 1tsp of sugar and 1 of ground ginger, and stir, after the last feed leave to stand for 24 hours,

line a sieve with a clean tea towel , let the plant liquid pour through and keep the sediment back in the jar, in a saucepan, over a low heat, dissolve 600g of sugar in 1 litre of water, stir well with a whisk and bring to a simmer, at the last minute pour the juice of 2 lemons and the strained liquid from the plant into the hot mixture, dilute the mixture with water to make 9 pints of ginger beer , stir well and pour into plastic sift drink bottles,

it is matured after 3 or more days and ready for drinking, use half the reserved sediment as the new plant to start the next batch, and share the other half with a friend so they can start theres thumbs

@Davehutch wrote:

then you add the plant which is yeast, ground ginger, granulated sugar ( this is what the half is that i throw away ) and add 275ml (10fl oz ) of water , give it a good stir screw the lid on then leave at room temperature for 24 hours , it will come cloudy as the yeast comes to life and starts to live of the sugar,

every day for 6 days feed the plant with 1tsp of sugar and 1 of ground ginger, and stir, after the last feed leave to stand for 24 hours,

line a sieve with a clean tea towel , let the plant liquid pour through and keep the sediment back in the jar, in a saucepan, over a low heat, dissolve 600g of sugar in 1 litre of water, stir well with a whisk and bring to a simmer, at the last minute pour the juice of 2 lemons and the strained liquid from the plant into the hot mixture, dilute the mixture with water to make 9 pints of ginger beer , stir well and pour into plastic sift drink bottles,

it is matured after 3 or more days and ready for drinking, use half the reserved sediment as the new plant to start the next batch, and share the other half with a friend so they can start theres thumbs

In paragraph 3 highlighted in bold how much sugar/ginger & yeast is added to the first plant mix in the jar of 275ml of water. The feeding thereafter is well clear.

@darkember wrote:
@Davehutch wrote:

In paragraph 3 highlighted in bold how much sugar/ginger & yeast is added to the first plant mix in the jar of 275ml of water. The feeding thereafter is well clear.
i see where you are coming from you need the plant , then you start feeding it thumbs

@Davehutch wrote:
@darkember wrote:
@Davehutch wrote:

sorry 1tsp of each

Just to be sure tsp is teaspoon correct not tablespoon?? Very HappyVery Happy

@darkember wrote:
@Davehutch wrote:
@darkember wrote:
@Davehutch wrote:

sorry 1tsp of each

Just to be sure tsp is teaspoon correct not tablespoon?? Very HappyVery Happy
sorry Will you need the plant first you can not make this , then you feed it , and yes it is teaspoon (the small one you use for stiring your coffee )

step 1. take car to Tescos
step2, pickup bottle of ginger beer
step3 drink it
Yep that sounds much easier Very Happy

been years since i had ginger beer we used to make it at junior school before the summer hols then when we went back we would find the tops had blown off and there was sticky goo everywhere Laughing

ITCHY wrote:
step 1. take car to Tescos
step2, pickup bottle of ginger beer
step3 drink it
Yep that sounds much easier Very Happy
agree

Isn't the plant simple to make?? Throw the ingredients together with some yeast & it will start to grow unless I'm mistaken

@darkember wrote:
Isn't the plant simple to make?? Throw the ingredients together with some yeast & it will start to grow unless I'm mistaken

you can get a ginger tuber from most supermarkets or greengrocers just pot it up and they usually grow.not sure on daves technique thumbs

@dick65 wrote:
@darkember wrote:

you can get a ginger tuber from most supermarkets or greengrocers just pot it up and they usually grow thumbs

I've got a ginger tuber but you ain't watching it grow foflfoflfofl

@dick65 wrote:
@darkember wrote:

you can get a ginger tuber from most supermarkets or greengrocers just pot it up and they usually grow.not sure on daves technique thumbs
mine came as a kit so dont know , lol @ dick