Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Stue11

Sad day for racing.

On the first lap of the National Superstock 600 race at Cadwell Park circuit, Benjamin Gautrey fell on
the right hand corner at the bottom of the Mountain section. He was unavoidably hit by two riders
immediately following him, five riders fell in total. The race was immediately stopped.
Gautrey, 18 from Southport sustained significant and serious chest and head injuries, he was treated
immediately trackside by the BSB Medical Team before being transferred to the circuit medical centre
where further attempts to resuscitate him were made. All other riders involved in the incident were
uninjured.
Tragically he succumbed to his injuries.
Stuart Higgs, British Superbike Series Director said; "I am so desperately sad that Ben died from the
injuries he sustained at Cadwell Park. He was a really super young guy on his debut season at
National level showing plenty of promise having won the Thundersport GB Moto450 Championship
the previous year. It was entirely fitting that Ben Wilson was able to dedicate his Supersport win to
Ben .”
The full circumstances of the accident will be investigated by the MCRCB and the Coroners’ office

Kinda reminds me of the loss of Craig Jones a few years back.....Rest in peace lads

@steph42 wrote:
Kinda reminds me of the loss of Craig Jones a few years back.....Rest in peace lads
Yea i was there that day wasnt nice to see mate Sad

Unfortunately i was there today and witnessed it first hand. It has really upset me tbh to think he is so young and talented. I was sat at the bottom of the mountain and i knew straight away when i saw him get run over that he was gona be in a state. As soon as i saw the copper arrive later in the day at the hq, i instantly knew it had been a fatal. i just feel for his family so much. a talented lad, and a waste of a life. best wishes to all his family.

@skrach86 wrote:
Unfortunately i was there today and witnessed it first hand. It has really upset me tbh to think he is so young and talented. I was sat at the bottom of the mountain and i knew straight away when i saw him get run over that he was gona be in a state. As soon as i saw the copper arrive later in the day at the hq, i instantly knew it had been a fatal. i just feel for his family so much. a talented lad, and a waste of a life. best wishes to all his family.
I feel for you also its not nice witnissing such a tragic event.

[/quote]I feel for you also its not nice witnissing such a tragic event.[/quote]
Yeh its not nice. There were a few offs there yesterday actually it was just unlucky that he was in a big group when it happened. I will say one thing tho, those 600 superstock riders go for it harder than any of the other classes, truly battling for position. Shows how much it means to them and how skilled they are.