Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
steph42

Build a bike for charity?

Xmas is just a few months away( ok im sorry for bringing it up Sad ) with all the peeps on this site, the various bike building skills we have,bits hoarded away we'd prob never get round to using on our own projects, time available etc....would it be a stupid idea to all get together in 1 way or another and build a bike and either auction it off via ebay or maybe raffle tickets? then donate the money to a good cause...it'd be good for the site at least Very Happy but more importantly it could make a difference

Any thoughts on this?

i can get everything powdercoated for nothing + polish the engine cases , frame or wheels , whatevers decided upon really

@XS1100 wrote:
No I wan it dick thumbs

youll have your work cut out Smile im restoring a honda nc50 but thats ground to a halt as it wont start Sad

ok just a thought but as most of the peeps on the site are bandit mad a 600 could be 1 direction to go in they're easy to get cheap i expect?

@XS1100 wrote:
sling it in me van and i am outta there!

gaz your welcome to it its got no documents and i reckon its seized but im no mechanic thumbs sorry for nicking your thread steph Smile

i stupidly thought that the peeps on this site may wana try and raise some money for a good cause and build something that would be pretty cool too

I WAS WRONG

No Good idea!
Not quite sure how it would work we are all to far apart to make it a viable proposition.
Apart from that most of us have a project on the go and finding time and money to do that is hard.
plus the petrol doller kind of screws things up abit.
good call though.
Others may have more time on there hands cheers pint

@steph42 wrote:
i stupidly thought that the peeps on this site may wana try and raise some money for a good cause and build something that would be pretty cool too

I WAS WRONG
I hear what ya saying mate, but not everyone on here can build bikes,or have the money, or the time, its a good idea Steve but please dont get annoyed at folks responses to threads, im sure if folk want to they would have answerd.

would love to help but just dont have the time matey, i try and grab a few hours on my current projects, dont get me wrong its a great idea! thumbs

@Stue11 wrote:
@steph42 wrote:

I WAS WRONG
I hear what ya saying mate, but not everyone on here can build bikes,or have the money, or the time, its a good idea Steve but please dont get annoyed at folks responses to threads, im sure if folk want to they would have answerd.
agree

Guest Guest
id love to help but im leaving the county. also any tool more complex then a hammer tends to upset and confuse me. gr8 idea however.

I'm with stan on this one as long as it's a charity that benefits people in our country.

@madcarper wrote:
I'm with stan on this one as long as it's a charity that benefits people in our country.

I agree with ian as long as our country benifits.
I pay monthly into the great north air ambulance as they provide a great service for bikers unfortunate to have an accident.