Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
stantheman

2012 rideout (lakes 28th july)

Right. Have we got a campsite sorted? Given the school holidays are closing in rapidly, need to look at booking up. Given we've got a split between b&b and camping, someone has a walk back on the Saturday evening after the ride out ShockedShocked

There are shed loads of campsites in and around, but these look to be two of the better ones. Does anyone know which would suit us best? Or is there another cheaper option? These look to be between £14-£29 for the night

Park Foot Camping & Caravan Park - Pooley Bridge, Ullswater
Waterside House Camping Site - Pooley Bridge, Ullswater

sorry Mike but this is out of my hands , its nearly imposable to sort a ride/meet in a area where you dont live , all i can do is take Stan,s word that he will get it sorted thumbs

you want me to look into campsites/b&b? my brother knows the lakes well thumbs

we need a rough list as to whos going camping/b&b so we can make enquirys and i hope the sites are bike friendly. thumbs

@Davehutch wrote:
@dick65 wrote:
have a word with stan he may be glad of the help Dick thumbs nice 1

good idea Dave ill send him a text thumbs shame my brother doesnt ride be good to have him onboard thumbs

@dick65 wrote:
@Davehutch wrote:
@dick65 wrote:
have a word with stan he may be glad of the help Dick thumbs nice 1

good idea Dave ill send him a text thumbs shame my brother doesnt ride be good to have him onboard thumbs
Nice 1 m8 , I was worried this would happen SadSad next year I will get it sorted in pleanty of time , anyway lets get this years pinned down for now party

well sort it m8 dont worry thumbs i work best under pressure Laughing

right a decision has been made and this is the campsite where we'll be staying,you dont book just turn up so ill ring again nearer the time,the owner says theres no problem about accomodating us thumbs its near the small village of glenridding beside ullswater,(pooley bridge was a nightmare) theres hard standing for bikes if there full, showers take 20p coins,they sell breakfast in the morning and its about £9 a night and the pubs 200 yards away

http://www.campincumbria.com/gillside_campsite_glenridding.html

and for b&b i found these but not looked into them yet,the first is near the campsite

http://www.fairlightguesthouse.co.uk/

http://www.mosscrag.co.uk/

we havent got a ride out planned at this late notice,but we will be going for a ride. sorry to inconveniance anyone thumbs
right we need to know whos coming

http://www.bing.com/maps/default.aspx?encType=1&where1=Ullswater&cp=54.575439~-2.886800&qpvt=map+of+ullswater&FORM=MIRE

@dick65 wrote:
right a decision has been made and this is the campsite where we'll be staying,you dont book just turn up so ill ring again nearer the time,the owner says theres no problem about accomodating us thumbs its near the small village of glenridding beside ullswater,(pooley bridge was a nightmare) theres hard standing for bikes if there full, showers take 20p coins,they sell breakfast in the morning and its about £9 a night and the pubs 200 yards away

and for b&b i found these but not looked into them yet,the first is near the campsite

we havent got a ride out planned at this late notice,but we will be going for a ride. sorry to inconveniance anyone thumbs

Davehutch and Mel booked into fairlight Friday & Saturday thumbs

@dick65 wrote:
only 5 weeks,get your names down thumbs

Cheers Dick thumbs

I'll be camping. I'll have the big tent as I think the good lady and the little one will be coming as well. thumbs
Only there on the Saturday night. I'll come over on the Saturday morning thumbs

@Davehutch wrote:
@dick65 wrote:

Davehutch and Mel booked into fairlight Friday & Saturday thumbs
Dick (camping)
Banditmike (camping)

Guest Guest
I already live in the lakes so its only an hour or so away for me lol, got a rally in Essex at the begining of next month, Pilgrims, so i will more than likely just pop up for the saturday depending on money, and the gf as she works fridays and saturdays

Iaincams wrote:
I already live in the lakes so its only an hour or so away for me lol, got a rally in Essex at the begining of next month, Pilgrims, so i will more than likely just pop up for the saturday depending on money, and the gf as she works fridays and saturdays
willbe nice to meet you m8 if you can make it

Guest Guest
@Davehutch wrote:
Iaincams wrote:
willbe nice to meet you m8 if you can make it

Once ive dropped her off at work im sure i can spend some time meeting you lot as long as im back home by 10 to pick her up from work lol

Its not often i am in the right place, but i am in north yorks. There are some great roads up here, and some great campsites. I was riding through Dent a bonny little place an d spied a campsite full of old cars, i stopped thinking it was a show and found out it was a car club having there own rally. Dant is a great central spot for rides to the lakes, and the Dales. Sorry for the folks down sarf but its the only thing we have up here, you get the sunshine. All the best Chuck.

Reply Bandit country, I was going to have a go at Rose calling us Bandits up here but my partner pointed out she meant like Mexican bandits and the like, I thought she meant arse. I am paranoid in my old age I feel as if there is somthing wrong with being just a bloke,,my partner says its an age thing.

I have been trying to find out about this camping weekend, where can i find out the details, help please.

go back to page 18 of this thread and you,ll find the details m8 thumbs this is page 19

Could everyone re-post if they're coming, just to make sure the list is upto date?

This is as we stand at the moment:

Davehutch and Mel booked into fairlight Friday & Saturday
Dick (camping)
Banditmike (camping)

I may have a few lads with me, just waiting to hear from them

Could everyone re-post if they're coming, just to make sure the list is upto date?

Dick (camping)
Banditmike (camping)
stantheman (and 3 m8's)

Hey , could you use a doodle link to confirm the attendies,

it might help rather than reposting.

Hope it helps

worldwideweb.doodle. com

Its free. I use it at work!

Hey , could you use a doodle link to confirm the attendies,

it might help rather than reposting.

Hope it helps

worldwideweb.doodle. com

Its free. I use it at work!
thanks for trying to help m8, but cant make head or tail of the doodle thing Embarassed think i wil stick to what i know study

I am sooooo excited this is my first ride out and the lakes is my favourite place in the whole world party

@haveugot1 wrote:
I can't stay but I will come over for a ride with you all.

good to meet up again mark thumbs

Yeah it will dick. say i can't really afford to stay over as i'm already committed the following weekend to another ride out sorry.But will come for the sat ride out and meet u all. thumbs

@haveugot1 wrote:
Yeah it will dick. say i can't really afford to stay over as i'm already committed the following weekend to another ride out sorry.But will come for the sat ride out and meet u all. thumbs
nice 1 look forward to meeting you

@haveugot1 wrote:

Is that even if it rains?!?! LaughingShockedLaughing

Look forward to seeing you there thumbs

@haveugot1 wrote:

IF its showers hidefoflfofl

@haveugot1 wrote:
@haveugot1 wrote:

IF its showers hidefoflfofl

The Lakes only gets showers, it's just that they can last a few hours that's all thumbsShockedfoflthumbsShockedfofl

@Davehutch wrote:

Dick (camping)
Banditmike (camping with Angela + little 'un)
stantheman (and 3 m8's)
Haveyougot1 (for the ride out) rain2

Come on lads, it's only a few weeks away clapclap It won't be that cold, it's the summer you know thumbsrainsnowrain2

i am deffo coming just not sure if i will be staying night or just ride up on day.will probably not know untill a few days before.

[quote="BanditMike"][quote="Davehutch"]

Dick (camping)
stantheman (and 3 m8's)
madcarper (may be just for rideout)

@madcarper wrote:
i am deffo coming just not sure if i will be staying night or just ride up on day.will probably not know untill a few days before.

Nice one. Meet another of the northern crowd thumbsthumbs

Didn't commit to this because I'm already going on the other rideout and been struggling to get the time off work but just had it confirmed, so my name down too please Dave for camping. thumbs

[quote="Davehutch"][quote="BanditMike"]

@Davehutch wrote:

Dick (camping)
stantheman (and 3 m8's)
madcarper (may be just for rideout)
Gravelrash (Mike) (camping thumbs )

Didn't commit to this because I'm already going on the other rideout and been struggling to get the time off work but just had it confirmed, so my name down too please Dave for camping. thumbs
nice 1 m8 thumbs be good to meet up

We're getting a good little crowd on this now thumbsthumbs

Hopefully the worst of the weather will have passed over by then as well rain2snow But it is the Lakes Rolling Eyes