Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
smilinjack

Homeward bound

Arrived in Spain on Friday to collect the B12. I took it for one last ride yesterday round my favourite places. I didn't bother going to MotoGP as I'm a bit hard up, thought I might spend half the money on twice the fun tomorrow & go into the mountains again. Hard to imagine never feeling that hot air off the motor as I wend my way Sad but I'm off towards Santander Tuesday morning so it is coming to an end. If I get out I'll post some pics. Not sure if I'll have internet after tomorrow but I'm back in Blighty Thursday afternoon. Laters all. Smile

Hi all, I've got a connection of sorts in my hotel but we're up in the mountains so may not be able to upload pics. Had a blinding ride out yesterday close to Teruel, got to almost 5,000 feet at one point. I did have to cross several miles of virtual dirt track to get to the particular canyon I wanted to visit, resulting in a popped fork seal angry but well worth it. I'm about 200 miles from Santander at the mo in a liitle place called San Felices. Sail at 9pm tomorrow, so plenty of time to do the scenic route. Smile

OK here goes. Crossed this yesterday

And this is just before I turned off to go trail riding Shocked the little town you can see above right of the bike is Cantavieja which is around 1,400 metres, so I was at quite a height. It was very windy at times too.

Yeah been a great weekend Dick, the pics don't do it justice. By the time I reach Santander I'll have put 750 miles on the clock, and good miles too. Just waiting for a couple more pics to upload for a final update, then it's a belated siesta for me! Laughing

The hotel I'm currently in is about 10 miles up this road Shocked

It's not quite visible in this pic, just off to the right.

Very nice landlady and TBH if I won her in a raffle I wouldn't be disappointed. Laughing

looking at those pics makes me seriously want to do a european trip thumbs

Yeah been a great weekend Dick, the pics don't do it justice. By the time I reach Santander I'll have put 750 miles on the clock, and good miles too. Just waiting for a couple more pics to upload for a final update, then it's a belated siesta for me! Laughing

The hotel I'm currently in is about 10 miles up this road Shocked

It's not quite visible in this pic, just off to the right.

Very nice landlady and TBH if I won her in a raffle I wouldn't be disappointed. Laughing

wow, stunning place thumbs

@dick65 wrote:
looking at those pics makes me seriously want to do a european trip thumbs

Do it mate, you won't be disappointed. It's a whole new world out there, and quite easy to sort out really. I'd be more than happy to give you a few pointers if you really do want to do it. Smile

Final instalment-my 5 mile trail ride took me past here

To here, Los Organos, so named due to their similarity to organ pipes. Good excuse for a ride anyway thumbs

Off to get my dinner shortly which apparently starts with home made lentil soup. Happily I'm sleeping alone, unless the landlady has a fruity side. Twisted Evil

Final instalment-my 5 mile trail ride took me past here

To here, Los Organos, so named due to their similarity to organ pipes. Good excuse for a ride anyway thumbs

Off to get my dinner shortly which apparently starts with home made lentil soup. Happily I'm sleeping alone, unless the landlady has a fruity side. Twisted Evil
haha any pics of the land lady ??

Maybe you could ask if she does room "service" wink Laughing

Wow, dinner, B & B, internet connection + a beer at the bar less than 50 Euro. Bargain or what? Dave, how about a review section for good hotels, shops etc? This place was deffo worth the detour. thumbsthumbs

Got back last night, jeez it felt cold when I came off the ferry! I had a slight problem with my visor as it's tinted & I'd forgotten how early it gets dark. To make matters worse some yoyo knocked it off a table on board & broke the visor lugs, so I had to gaffer tape it shut affraid luckily most of the road between Plymouth & Nottingham had lighting-didn't even slow me down. thumbs

Got back last night, jeez it felt cold when I came off the ferry! I had a slight problem with my visor as it's tinted & I'd forgotten how early it gets dark. To make matters worse some yoyo knocked it off a table on board & broke the visor lugs, so I had to gaffer tape it shut affraid luckily most of the road between Plymouth & Nottingham had lighting-didn't even slow me down. thumbs
Glad your back safe m8 thumbs

@Davehutch wrote:
Glad your back safe m8 thumbs
agree