Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Davehutch-hutchs

600 mile service & winter use

got the b-king going in saturday for its service ,thinking of not using then till the sping Shocked But using the bandit for those odd days through the winter she is easyier to clean , Not sure if to cover it in acf-50 and leave it to the spring or just to wash it every time I use it through the winter (which is what i have done the last few winters anyway) confused

If washing after every use has worked for you in the past Dave why change the habit??
good idea to put the Bking away though. rain

just use it and clean it! i've never put ACF-50 or anything like that on my bikes, and there used all through winter!

As said give it a good wash , Dave your like me old school if my bikes not clean i dont ride it , and when i get back i always wash and polish it the wife thinks im mad , summer its flys winter its just all the crap

should be fine without ACF50 in a nice warm garage least youll have the 600 mile service done before shes tucked up just give her a little pet now and again thumbs

Just spray the old sheds with Diesel and leave um out side!

That come round quick mate Shocked proper riding next year then affraidaffraidaffraidmbikembikembike

sure you will get a few rides out on the king yet dave thumbsthumbs

what about 1 ov those vacuum bag things for the bike Dave? a few ov my customers keep classic bikes in them when their not using them,stops them rusting, corroding up etc

Vacuum bag, If Mell's not watching it will be in the lounge Very Happy

@steph42 wrote:
what about 1 ov those vacuum bag things for the bike Dave? a few ov my customers keep classic bikes in them when their not using them,stops them rusting, corroding up etc
I have a rad in the garage so i think she will nice and snug in there Wink

i've not given my bike a proper wash for ages, waxed it a while back and cleans up with a spray from the hose lol. Aslong as it goes away clean and dry you shouldnt have any problems thumbs

@Davehutch wrote:
@steph42 wrote:
Be carefull spending to much time in there with the king dave,mel might put your bed in there LaughingLaughing

@lee wrote:
@Davehutch wrote:
@steph42 wrote:
Be carefull spending to much time in there with the king dave,mel might put your bed in there LaughingLaughing
with a bit of luck party

@Davehutch wrote:
@lee wrote:
@Davehutch wrote:
@steph42 wrote:
with a bit of luck party
put a beer stash in there just incase lol!

picked a good day by the looks of it dave,nice and sunny here thumbsthumbs

Job done nice one ! put it away now for the winter and bring it out in the spring when the brake calipers will be seized up and the chain all rusty ho and the injectors all gumed up nice rendeer

@Davehutch wrote:
@dick65 wrote:
@madsod wrote:
give it the beans on the way home partyparty
agree
I did bananabanana and they only charged me for the oil and filter £40 party thats it till 4,000 miles mbike

Mine was completely free thumbs

nice one dave,sure you will keep her running sweet over the winter thumbs

me and the lad was looking at one in J&s this morning,was quite supprised how big they are up close,very nice machine thumbsthumbs

@Davehutch wrote:
@Robbie wrote:
@Davehutch wrote:
@dick65 wrote:
agree
I did bananabanana and they only charged me for the oil and filter £40 party thats it till 4,000 miles mbike

yes but I didnt even buy the bike from them affraid

doesn't matter mate as the manufacturer picks up the labour charge for 1st service and as they're a Suzuki dealer anyway they wont lose out. It's normal to have to pay for parts but not labour, just that I was lucky and had in included in the deal.

Alls good now then for a bit more throttle twisting thumbs

@Robbie wrote:
@Davehutch wrote:
@Robbie wrote:
@Davehutch wrote:
@dick65 wrote:
agree

yes but I didnt even buy the bike from them affraid

doesn't matter mate as the manufacturer picks up the labour charge for 1st service and as they're a Suzuki dealer anyway they wont lose out. It's normal to have to pay for parts but not labour, just that I was lucky and had in included in the deal.

Alls good now then for a bit more throttle twisting thumbs
yes Rob , its nice to open her up mbike wonder why streetbike wanted £120 for the first service scratch

That's a bit naughty of them, as far as I'm aware including bikes and cars the 1st service which is normally an oil and filter change and a check over is either subsidised or sometimes free. I'm open to correction though.

@Robbie wrote:
That's a bit naughty of them, as far as I'm aware including bikes and cars the 1st service which is normally an oil and filter change and a check over is either subsidised or sometimes free. I'm open to correction though.
its not on cars robbie,well not kia or ford anyway thumbs

@Robbie wrote:
Bugger, maybe i've just been lucky in the past then scratch
but your not in the UK are you ?? we get tax for ever think and pay through the nose , petrol is £1.32 a litre , and your,s is how much ??

@madsod wrote:
@Robbie wrote:
but your not in the UK are you ?? we get tax for ever think and pay through the nose , petrol is £1.32 a litre , and your,s is how much ??
Robbies in coventry EmbarassedLaughingthumbs

Ive had 3 brand new Bandits and free 1st service on all off them just oil and filter to pay for and that was 30 quid at the dearest its part off the deal from suzuki, if streetbike want to charge for 1st service labour they cant be official suzuki dealers

@Stue11 wrote:
@madsod wrote:
@Robbie wrote:

well with this looked like the USA to me lol Location: los Angeles

@madsod wrote:
@Stue11 wrote:
@madsod wrote:
@Robbie wrote:

well with this looked like the USA to me lol Location: los Angeles
I know mate hide

It's my form of humour to profile questions on forums and stuff like Facebook as I don't publicise to much personal detail which includes my home town, I've now amended it to ease confusion ;-)

@Robbie wrote:
It's my form of humour to profile questions on forums and stuff like Facebook as I don't publicise to much personal detail which includes my home town, I've now amended it to ease confusion ;-)
Robbie should be sent to Coventry Very Happy