Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Robbie

Paddock Stand recommendations

I'm looking for a rear paddock stand anyone got any recommendations ? I've seen one in Busters for £15 but as you all know you get what you pay for so not sure on quality.
My budget is up to £40.
Cheers.

ghost bikes "Black Paddock Stand" its alloy, and funny enough, bout £40. Got one myself so can deffo recommend it over the cheaper steel ones that rust and snap Wink

I use this one on the b-king, dont know how much it was because it was given to me , It is a moTRAX one confused and works well

Now this one I brought as a pair from the bike show a couple of years ago , sure they where about £20 - £30 , they have on them "big black bike " confused dont know if you can get the different bits for them , but this one works well on the bandit no1

hope its of some help Robbie , dont forget the bike show is only a few weeks away

im using a rear biketec 3 works well on heavy bikes £26 ish thumbs

i have a few with all my bikes but a got a pair from here for the gsxr , and i did think might be crap but lots on the gsxr fourm said how good they are any way , shit hot for the money

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AIO-Paddock-Stand-Yamaha-YZF-750-1000-R-Thundercat-TRX-/310226100413?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&has

party and it will do front or back but you need one for the back to use it on the front , and all the hooks also

here is the gsxr geting a bath on the stands

I need a new one for my Speed Triple,probably go with an Abba stand.Great reports from other users

I need a new one for my Speed Triple,probably go with an Abba stand.Great reports from other users
yep very good i have 2 of them also thumbs got one then the wife said some one was seling one for not a lot so had to have it Sad

Cheers Boys all very helpful. thumbs
Dave I was thinking about the bike show too.
I would go straight for the Abba stand as it looks most stable but for the £90+ price tag its not an option.

@madsod wrote:
i have a few with all my bikes but a got a pair from here for the gsxr , and i did think might be crap but lots on the gsxr fourm said how good they are any way , shit hot for the money

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AIO-Paddock-Stand-Yamaha-YZF-750-1000-R-Thundercat-TRX-/310226100413?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&has

party and it will do front or back but you need one for the back to use it on the front , and all the hooks also

here is the gsxr geting a bath on the stands

Yep agree that one does look pretty sturdy.

Cheers Dick thumbs .
Right I've just thought of another question bobbins or cups or no real difference ? I'm guessing advantage of bobbins is less chance of scratching your swingarm.

@Robbie wrote:
Cheers Dick thumbs .
Right I've just thought of another question bobbins or cups or no real difference ? I'm guessing advantage of bobbins is less chance of scratching your swingarm.

i find bobbins more stable,and yea you could scratch your swingarm thumbs

Deffo bobbins ,once your locked on to them you on ,and you can clean your swinging arm , with having both I would go for bobbin every time, but there is no choice on the bandit

@dick65 wrote:
@Robbie wrote:
Cheers Dick thumbs .

i find bobbins more stable,and yea you could scratch your swingarm thumbs
agree much better on the gsxr on the front its a pin stand goes in 2 holes in the bottom of the forks . so this will not mark the bike , takes the weight of the front tyre over winter ,