Please do not use an email address as your username. If you have, please change your username. ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Following on from Alan's thread /t3539-hayabusa-shock

Is there another shock that will fit straight on to a mk1 1200 bandit ? Dont want one that I have got to grind some of here or there or alter this or that , just a straight swap thumbs

I have been thinking of buying a hagon replacement but if there is one of another bike that will fit (with no messing) and is a cheaper option may be the way to go confused

Pretty sure a GSXr1000 k7/8 goes straight in Dave haveugot1(Mark) has one in his mk1b12 i think! makes a big difference apparently but good luck with sourcing one mate, hens teeth and all that. thumbs Mike.
(don't think it will be the cheaper option though Dave)

i have a gsxr1000 k8 on my 600 bandit and i had to chop the battery tray to make it fit in. (the res at the top is a big lump)
see pic of butchering needed

Why bother now you have the Bking, just scrap..........sorry i mean sell it Laughing

you know that other (very good) forum Dave? There is a sticky I made of all the shocks that will fit straight in and all the ones that require mods. TBH, it looks like the only ones that fit straight on are aftermarket replacements made for the Bandit like Hagon etc. The next easiest is the GSXR slingshot with the remote reservoir. It does require you to grind a slight bit off the bottom shock mount but no mods to the Bandit itself. thumbs

you will need one without a reservoir dave , pretty much like the one you have.
again you really want something that is just a straight swap otherwise its alot of buggering about.

@Robbie wrote:
Why bother now you have the Bking, just scrap..........sorry i mean sell it Laughing
finger

@madsod wrote:
i think one out of a old B KING WILL FIT Very HappyVery Happy
affraid

@firehawk wrote:
you know that other (very good) forum Dave? There is a sticky I made of all the shocks that will fit straight in and all the ones that require mods. TBH, it looks like the only ones that fit straight on are aftermarket replacements made for the Bandit like Hagon etc. The next easiest is the GSXR slingshot with the remote reservoir. It does require you to grind a slight bit off the bottom shock mount but no mods to the Bandit itself. thumbs

I think I know which forum your on about Jeff , Its the one that I am no longer a member of No
@pugeyed wrote:
again you really want something that is just a straight swap otherwise its alot of buggering about.

think its going to be a hagon Mark thumbs

@Davehutch wrote:
@Robbie wrote:
finger

@madsod wrote:
i think one out of a old B KING WILL FIT Very HappyVery Happy
affraid

@firehawk wrote:

I think I know which forum your on about Jeff , Its the one that I am no longer a member of No
@pugeyed wrote:

think its going to be a hagon Mark thumbs

Here you go Dave lifted from that "other good forum" Laughing

MK2 in to a MK1
Standard Bandit 1200 in to a 600 – No mods
Hagon or any aftermarket made for a B6/B12 – No mods
Early 90's GSXR (slingshot) with remote resevoir – Easy modification to lower mount. Slight lift
CBR600 – Mods to shock mounts and to undertray/battery box
Busa – Fits K series
R6 - Fits all. Bottom mount needs bushes fitting to make up for the difference in bolt size. The r6 shock has 12mm hole, Bandit has 10mm hole. Battery tray needs 10mm trimming off.
Gsxr 1000 - will fit depending on year, K1 - 4 are too long, but I have fitted K7/8 1000 ones to 1200 bandits so they definitely fit, they are 25mm shorter than earlier ones, all you need is 4 washers and a stanley knife. Cut 10mm of battery box and use washers to space dogbones. Bolt knuckle to centre stand mount. - http://www.banditforum.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=41022.0
sv1000/mk2 sv650 - fits mk1 and most likely mk2 with some mods. Please see page 55 of the Project 'aRSe Bandit' thread for details.
Early k series GSXR1000/750 - will fit if you move the linkage to the centre stand mount and use longer dog bones on the mk1 12. Shouldn't be as much of a problem on the 600 and on all k series.
SRAD - As above

As 400's are less common, I know the above shocks should physically fit the mountings but some of them may require you to trim undertrays, battery boxes etc.

All above info is taken from the below thread. Please feel free to PM me if any shocks or info has been left out -

http://www.banditforum.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=2038

I have a gixxer 1100m on mine, minor mod to the bottom, gud shock but gettin on a bit now, best cheapest shock is a gixxer 1000 k8, minor mod to the battery box and a few washers needed, one will be going on mine soon as I can get round to sortin it. thumbs

old gixxer shocks have a separate bottle that you can put under the seat, or clamp to grab rails, it just runs a braided hose. if not get sports supention made for bandit, john £snakeseyes000" has one on his bandit, hagon i think

I have a '04 CBR 600 RR shock on my Bandit that I bought for £35

16kg spring so great for heavier riders. I'm about 16 stone and its probs a little stiff as I have it set up atm but to be honest it really sharpens the handling and looks trick (yellow spring, gold anodised reservoir).

All I had to do was trim some from the battery tray, and use washers to space the dogbones and top mount...

thumbs