Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
maveric

Getting rid of the bulky airbox on a GSX1400 and mount a home made one

About a month ago i take the standard airbox out from the bike without damage it or removing the engine (if any one wonder how i can tell) Smile .
And i decided not to put it back again Cool , then i tought about pod's but did my own thing using 2 oval KN filters and some thick alu sheet.
Think the lenght of the funnels on the standard bike is some how designed to make the best of it so i used them when i did the air box actually the only thing i used from it .

One bonus is that there was a space betveen the battery and the new filter so i did a alu box that i attach to the standard mounts in the frame and fixed the airbox to alubox and mounted the pc3 in there thumbs .

Then i test ride it what a sound banana me like no1
This is my bike now waiting for the next summer roll on.

Cheers Maveric

I would reccomend you put a power commander on it now and get it set up on a rolling road as your mixture will be very weak due to the amount of extra air thats being sucked in,if you dont it could burn your exhaust valves out

I would reccomend you put a power commander on it now and get it set up on a rolling road as your mixture will be very weak due to the amount of extra air thats being sucked in,if you dont it could burn your exhaust valves out

Hi Bladerunner!

If you look at pic nr 5 you will see a pc3 there Wink .
And yes i now i have to dyno it actually really done coz i have a innovate logg ecuipment monted on the bike together with a widebandlambda to logg fuel mixture,rpm,trottel position,intake vacuum and gear thumbs so i do some strait run's with different trottle pos. and get the mixture that way to write in the map for the powercommander.
And when i not have the logg mounted i still have the instrument showing fuelmixture mounted thumbs .

But thanks or your concern mate thumbs .

Cheers Maveric

@haveugot1 wrote:
Stunning bike m8 I love them wanna swap..

Plz say yes..

Thanks for the comment mate.

Hope you not goning to get sad now, but i have to say no sorryWink

Cheers Maveric