Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RichardH

still pondering

I'm still pondering as to what bike to get next, was looking at an FJR1300 but just too awkward to get into my garden, so plan 10 is to get an adventure tipe bike, so whats your opinions.
Transalp 700
Vstrom 650 or old 1000
Tiger 800
BMW T800gs
or summut else, looking for a do it all bike, bit of europe touring,commuting, etc

I went to look at a V Strom last summer (DL1000) bike was a bit tatty but terrific to ride. I'd certainly consider one. Smile

i still think the Honda cb1000 's a good choice not really clued up on adventure bikes i reckon just get as many test rides on diff bikes as poss thumbs happy hunting Smile

BMW F800? Guy across the road has one, looks right tidy!

Bandit 1200? Or for adventure type, Varadero?

thumbs

ITCHY wrote:

or summut else, looking for a do it all bike, bit of europe touring,commuting, etc

C90 thumbs

Out of your list I would go with the Tiger, but as ever it's all about what fits. Have you got a narrow entry then lad?

ITCHY wrote:
I'm still pondering as to what bike to get next, was looking at an FJR1300 but just too awkward to get into my garden, so plan 10 is to get an adventure tipe bike, so whats your opinions.
Transalp 700
Vstrom 650 or old 1000
Tiger 800
BMW T800gs

Aren't they all still a bit wide for the narrow access? ShockedShockedShocked How about a VFR?

VFR are great bikes, as i've said on other posts, the VTEC is a bit iffy to get used to, plenty of ways to smoothen out the power though if you got a bit of time and a small amount of pennies to play with. the DL1000 is a cracking bike, pretty slim bike but plenty of power ( well it is a SV1000 in a trailie body! )

@fr499y wrote:
VFR are great bikes, as i've said on other posts, the VTEC is a bit iffy to get used to, plenty of ways to smoothen out the power though if you got a bit of time and a small amount of pennies to play with. the DL1000 is a cracking bike, pretty slim bike but plenty of power ( well it is a SV1000 in a trailie body! )

Agreed. I've had both VFRs and my 02 Vtec certainly isn't the smoothest fuelling at low speed. I will probably do the PAIR valve/flapper mod this winter. Otherwise it's a superior bike to the old one (never thought I'd say that) Smile

Thanks lads, Yes they are too wide for a narrow access but I have a cunning plan, I'm gonna cut chunks out of the fence post to allow handle bars through, that's why I have gone away form a FJR which is generally a big wide bike, my thinking is that an adventure bike is really mainly wide at the bars, at the moment I'm swaying towards a 1000 Strom but I change my mind like the wind Very Happy

ITCHY wrote:
Thanks lads, Yes they are too wide for a narrow access but I have a cunning plan, I'm gonna cut chunks out of the fence post to allow handle bars through, that's why I have gone away form a FJR which is generally a big wide bike, my thinking is that an adventure bike is really mainly wide at the bars, at the moment I'm swaying towards a 1000 Strom but I change my mind like the wind Very Happy
I think you and I could do something with the post on the corner thumbs

@dick65 wrote:
i like it m8 all ready to tour as well thumbs

yeh, there's a few about the same, so plenty to choose from Very Happy

@Davehutch wrote:
ITCHY wrote:
Didnt know much about Bkings but still bought one hidefoflfofl
did my home work and went 70 miles to test ride thumbs

my problem is, i'm an impulse buyer, I went to look at a scenic years ago and drove out in a megane

when i was up in scotland this year i met a couple from marseilles on one,said he'd toured most of europe and the uk on it with no problems at all thumbs

@dick65 wrote:
when i was up in scotland this year i met a couple from marseilles on one,said he'd toured most of europe and the uk on it with no problems at all thumbs

They get a really good write up for being a do it all bike but most say they are ugly, i like em Very Happy

Only thing with the V Strom is those stupid panniers. Really weird shape so they look bigger than they really are. Bike is ace though, the seat felt all day comfy to me. Very good two up I'd guess as well. thumbs