Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chadatious

compressor help

Okay for my 18th in march I got an air compressor. I've only used it for grinders, spot blasting and pumping my tyres but not much.

However it is now spraying out oil, when I drain tank of any fluid it has oil in it. Yet I want to shot blast and spray paint over the winter, but obviously can't do this as of the oil, I know ill be using a filter, but if its pumping oil surely I can't use it, also what could be wrong and that I could fix

my one at work does have some oil in with the water , i think you will find this is what happens , are one has a service 2 times a year so i no its all ok and its a big boy also , as you have said you will need a dryer , and a Regulator Unit to spray

ive got a regulator but its also a lubicator so is that okay to use with oil off, and a filter after it.

and i mean litrally i sprayed air out of it and it was squirting oil, was like a mis and put my hand there, and my hand was dripping oil!!

if its accumalating that much oil theres something wrong
it must be coming from the sump and the only way is past the rings
you need to get a separator water trap which will remove the oil
and keep an eye on the oil level

Chad

Is the oil in the compressor dropping? You sure it aint water mixing with the metal receiver tank and causing a dirty brown type flow from the tank?

There must me an oil level sight glass on the compressor pump.

Looked, oil is down, and yes its pure oil

Bleed the receiver tank. Underside is/should be, a brass knurled screw. Untighten by hand, let the crap bleed from the tank. When tank dry retighten, O ring is the seal.

Top up oil and run it. See what happens as its not unusual to get some oil in the line. You should drain the tank after every use.

i do drain. and okay will do.

when i was confused as its my short dry line, got oil ones on a regulator then dry for sand, paint etc

@Kenb wrote:
Top up oil and run it. See what happens as its not unusual to get some oil in the line. You should drain the tank after every use.
agree

@Kenb wrote:
agree

agree

I use (older version) and clip it on the compressor when I need it.

http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/product/details/clarke-mf2-mini-air-filter-unit-with-auto-drai

Clarke MF2 Mini Air Filter Unit with Auto Drain
Image of Clarke MF2 Mini Air Filter Unit with Auto Drain
Product Code: 000210810

£6.99ex. VAT
£8.39inc.VAT

The MF2 Mini Filter Unit with Auto Drain is a compact in-line air filter, ideal for a range of applications and can be sited close to the air tool or spray-gun for maximum filtration.

Port size/outlet 1/4" BSP
Max. flow rate at 6.2 bar - 17.66 cfm
Max. supply pressure 10 bar (145psi)