Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

have you guys any experience of GARMIN ZUMO or TOMTOM RIDER I think I'll buy one but i dont now with one

Sorry Sweban never owned any satnav, good luck in your choice thumbs

I think people stay with the same make mainly through familiarity.

I have always had TomTom for the car and use TomTom rider 2 on the bike keep them updated for maps and speed cameras I would personaly not switch to another brand and would highly reccomend the TomTom thumbs

All the riders I am in contact with on other forums would choose the Zumo. I don't own one but people who do have them wouldn't change. Smile

I use my Garmin nuvi 310 car gps in a water proof bag on a ram mount ball attatched to the handlebar clamp bolt with no probs so far thumbs .
The maps are easy to handel on tomtom but i have found Garmin better for my purpose, but eatch on their on i think.
one thing i have find great with Garmin is that you dont need to have the hole map installed ,just the parts you need so you can have some mp3 music there instead Cool .
But i think you have seen my solution on the bike mate Smile .

Cheers Maveric

google maps ere on my phone :$ just easier as i have it on me all the time Laughing

@maveric wrote:
I use my Garmin nuvi 310 car gps in a water proof bag on a ram mount ball attatched to the handlebar clamp bolt with no probs so far thumbs .
The maps are easy to handel on tomtom but i have found Garmin better for my purpose, but eatch on their on i think.
one thing i have find great with Garmin is that you dont need to have the hole map installed ,just the parts you need so you can have some mp3 music there instead Cool .

Cheers Maveric
japp i have m8

I have orderd a tomtom rider 3 Europe

@sweban wrote:
@maveric wrote:

Cheers Maveric
japp i have m8

I have orderd a tomtom rider 3 Europe

I think its called the Urban as well, I have read that it doesn't come with the headset or mounting bracket/powercable but not sure.
I have the rider 2 europe and it came with a scala headset and all mounting brackets and cables to hard wire it to the bike.
I can't fault it, have used it many times without bother. I was also looking at the Zumo but picked the tomtom purely on price and that the Zumo didn't come with a headset.