Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chadatious

engine paint

hi guys.

spraying my engine soon but got a dilema.

was going to spray all in pj1, but its illegal and is still about rarely at high prices. wasnt a can for covers, however is there a strong heat brush paint i could use on the block that wont look craP

or any solutions on cheaper paint?

thanx

Get as many cans of PJ1 as you can and use it you want get a better finish more EU shiyt!!!!!!!!!!!

why is pj1 illegal?

anyway you have seen pics of butchers bandit,of the bf

Im sure he used halfords own black gloss engine paint brushed on,and it looks mint seen it myself

just use a good brush and take ya time thumbs

really. may ask him.

when fins can be brushed. when im polishing middle of covers but i could pj1 rocker cover, and outer covers etc

Have a word with him chad it does look good,nice gloss finish thumbs

yeh thanx mate sent him an email. if it works thats great. ian my spray teacher will ask wtf im doing but ill show him who knows what haha!

@haveugot1 wrote:
Ask madcarper (ian) he's a paint sprayer and has his own shop. thumbs

well if you want a quick fix just clean off all loose paint and spray or brush on any high temp paint.
if you want it to last get off all old paint so you down to alluminium, key well,spray on etch primer, after about an hour depending on ambient temp spray or brush on your high temp paint.
watercooled are easier as there are no awkward fins to rub down and don't get as hot as air cooled so you can paint with any good quality 2k paint, did mine almost 2 years gone and never flaked or discoloured yet.

Thanx mate, its only for next test then the bikes going, and good stan just slow for a while on my budget lol. But almost paid for Xmas so that will help

think stan might have been refering to my zzr chad,got some bits take a look in project section m8.

@madcarper wrote:
think stan might have been refering to my zzr chad,got some bits take a look in project section m8.

Ahhh he needs to be more specific, like I always say, it's an age thing Laughing