Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bladerunner

so whats the difference

My Mrs is fancying a new bike and has decided she wants to chop the R6 in for a GSXR 750. I found one,a nice looking 2007 one not far from me a few weeks ago but just havent had the time to go and look at it but this weekend was looking ok so I phoned the guy on Thursday just to find out if it was still available and also see if he would be interested in doing the deal.After a few questions about the gixxer i asked him how many owners it had on the log book.Dont you think that 5 owners in 4 years is a little worrying,he didnt he said its perfectly normal(yeah right) and theres no reason to worry about it.when i told him about the R6,a 2004 model with 23,000 miles and never been out in the rain,with 2 owners he told me that it was a particularly high mileage and wouldnt be worth very much as a trade in.Ffs its only 3,000 miles a year.so whats the difference between a knackered old shonker and a minter,I'll tell you, if a dealers selling it whatevers wrong with it its a minter if he's buying it it's a knackered old shonker.sad thing is sooner or later somebody will fall for his sh1t.personally i wouldnt touch a bike like that with a bargepole because the way i see it is the first owner probably didnt intend to keep it more than a year or so and as a result probably never bothered running it in properly,and why should he, if theres any problems in the first year they get sorted and if it goes bang after 2 or 3 years, its not his problem.so the quest continues...

guys pulling a fast one m8 best avoided plenty more around thumbs

From my personall experiance in life...if they dont sound right on the phone then i dont even bother viewing...i'd stay clear mate thumbs

yep best foget , both my bikes the RF and the gsxr , im the second owner on the both , which on the a 2003 gsxr is good but the RF was 10 years old when i got that with just 27,000 on it , as said lots more bikes out they with better history on them ,

Tell him to stuff it. When my bandit had 5 owners with 3500 miles but it seemed that was due to writing off, as they apply log book but don't ride, but bikes been good as gold so far

Typical seller B.S.

5 owners in 4 years isnt the end of the world,
but its not normal with the folks I know.

Milage wouldnt bother me, Condition and history would.
We had a sweet little SV650 here for a while.
Did a 740 mile weekend run up the coast and back,
couldnt fault it.
It had over 100,000k's (63,000 miles) on the clock.

I always tend to go for 1 owner bikes,and buy private

do all the checks ect before veiwing,always seems to work

problem with some dealers once they have your cash,there not botherd

When I went to PX my car that I had paid £6000 for 2 years earlier, he offered me £2000 (same garage) I told him to fook off as he was taking the P, he said there was no value in second hand cars but wanted £7500 for the second hand car he was selling, needless to say i didn't buy it.

I bought a 1200 Bandit on Ebay.
Only wanted a cheap project.

Was a week or two before Xmas,
bike was out West in a small country town,
ad only had one pic and little discription.

I put in a very low bid and won it.

Guy said he was coming to Brissy and
would deliver it for $50 fuel money.

Turned out it was a high ranking member of
the Bandito's MC, F@rkin' HUGE bloke who
looked very intimidating. Even more so when
I later did a google seach on his name !!!

Bike turned out OK, still have it 2 years later.

Just been through this with my mate who'd set his heart on a Tuono factory.
He'd got a Honda CB1300 to px did not want the hassle of selling private etc.

He got quoted some very insulting px prices from some scumbags who probably won't stay in business.

He found a mint Tuono at a Honda dealer who knew the true value and wanted his bike because it was a Honda.

So maybe your better finding your Mrs new bike at a Yamaha dealer who will give you hopefully the best deal.

A few years ago we bought her an ER5 from a certain Yamaha dealer in Chesterfield for £2,500.6 months later we saw an SV650 she liked the look of in the same shop so asked the question how much would he give us for the ER5 against it. £850 was all he offered.I just stood up and walked straight out of the shop ranting something about never spending another penny there ever again.we kept the Er another year and still got £250 more for it at another yamaha dealer.