Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chadatious

log books

just wondering i cant be prosecuted for haveing a few bikes in my name come and go for example.

had a virago 535 in my name, broke it,
got my car and bike,

had a cbr125 in my name that i sold as got my car.

and now been offerd a scooter to fix and sell or break.

im not breaking the law just doing it by selling stuff on ebay and having a few bikes come and go in my name as im lookin at doing it more for abit of an income seeing as i cant get a job at the min. plus something to do?

Not that I know of, my dad use to get cars round fix them up and get rid of them nothing was ever done to him, best bet is to go down sheppey police station tomorrow or something and just ask about it Smile

You are running a business therefore must inform HMRC so they can tax you lol.

Don't forget to inform DVLA of vehicle ownership changes or they might be on your case.

Okay spoke to mum, she said put so much away, keep records, and get a yearly tax form. Is that correct

Yes it's cool Chad-I've got a fair few vehicles in my name and I've scrapped several as well. However, if you break one inform DVLA once it's permanently scrapped so they can record the fact and you will no longer be responsible for tax/insurance/SORN. You may find that less easy with the new red V5 as I think you have to use a registered vehicle dismantler. There's no option to report a vehicle as personally scrapped/dismantled. Smile

Okay spoke to mum, she said put so much away, keep records, and get a yearly tax form. Is that correct

Chad if its a hobby its not a business, I was winding you up. It is good practice to keep accurate records.

You won't reach your personal allowance £7,475 so no TAX/NI to pay.

@Kenb wrote:

Chad if its a hobby its not a business, I was winding you up. It is good practice to keep accurate records.

You won't reach your personal allowance £7,475 so no TAX/NI to pay.

Yeh records are for sure, and Nah no where near that so I don't have to claim it then? I'll just keep records. I see it as learning and gaining abit of cash in the run

Ahh so no need to tell them unless its more. But when o get a job will probably need to pay tax