Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
richg

paypal

just had an email from paypal saying that any payment i recieve will be held by them for 21 days. has anyone else had this load of bolox applied to them. nothing i have done to prompt this my ebay feedback is 100% (only 79 feedbacks).never had a complaint. there are a number of catagories i fall into on the link below but it is still crap think i might set up a new paypal account and use that until they do the same again.
https://www.paypal-marketing.co.uk/safetyadvice/PaymentHoldsForEbayItems.htm

I would say spoof deleat it and ignore it they would use your full name if it was real.bin it and don,t click on any of the links.
or if your really not sure forward the emai to spoof@ebay.co.uk

@XS1100 wrote:
I would say spoof deleat it and ignore it they would use your full name if it was real.bin it and don,t click on any of the links.

agree Forward it on, sounds like a "phishing" e-mail. I've had a few over the years and have just forwarded them to the bank who claimed to have sent them. Haven't had one for a while thumbs

@XS1100 wrote:

agree Forward it on, sounds like a "phishing" e-mail. I've had a few over the years and have just forwarded them to the bank who claimed to have sent them. Haven't had one for a while thumbs
agreethumbs

Wifey said send the email back to paypal and ask them to vary it....sounds like a load of censored if you ask me thumbs

I use the name Rich Greenslade on paypal so they have the correct details. I have forwarded it to the ebay spoof email address and also sent a message to paypal.
never had any fake emails before i am usually really carefull. I paid for a christmas santa visit at our local football stadium on paypal recently wonder if it is something to do with that.

I never trust any emails like that, not from the bank, not paypal, not ebay. Always login to your account direct from there site and no email links ( type the addy in the browser ) if theres nothing there then its fake...

just got my reply from paypal spoof division and they can confirm that it is genuine. think i can confirm that paypal can go and f*** themselves if they think they are keeping my money for that long.

@richg wrote:
just got my reply from paypal spoof division and they can confirm that it is genuine. think i can confirm that paypal can go and f*** themselves if they think they are keeping my money for that long.

Disgusting practice. They can make mega money on the interest if they apply this "new" rule to other accounts. For every 17.38 people where they apply this rule it will make one years interest at equal amounts held, BASTARDS. I would talk to trading standards to confirm this is an acceptable practice or not.

The annoying part of it is i have never had a problem with paypal or ebay on anything i have sold or bought so i cant understand why they would do it.