Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ashleypayne

Yamaha fzr 400 3tj Street fighter project.

The ninja is the cheepest tail conversion so far going to cost about £110-£150 to get the Front seat, undertray, subframe and tail fairings. The last thing im not sure on is a pillion seat or a seat cowl ? If im going to be modding the subframe, is it wise not to cary pillions ?

Custom belly pan in process! Smile
I marked the area I want the shape of the belly pan to be so I had lines to cut to.

First bit cut

Then sanded down

Looks rough but havent finished sanding it yet, will look nice a smooth in a couple of days Smile

It has a really messed up blade lmao! will show you when your next up my way aha, I will give it a crack with that little drill tomorrow morning Smile

ok mate its ur bike but i think ur mak'in a HUGE ...!!!!!!!!!!!! mistake takin the grinder to this bike put it back to original...c'mon mate,i just aint a fan ov streetfightered sports bikes..!!!!!!! thumb down

Ahh, I really dont like the tail of the bike though lol, I love street fighters aswell, never know, I may buy some new fairings when I start riding it the wind gets to much.

Does it take alot to get the zxr subframe on ? Or just a bit off force lol.

go on the kwak forum av a look around you'll prob find spec measurements ur after without difficulty...if u av to force it to fit ...good chance its gona break at some point and if your riding it when it happens ....OUCH..!

Why not check out some race body work most fibreglass race seats can be made to fit virtually any rear subframe and as you cant weld ...go dwn that route...fibreglassings pretty easy and if u screw it up its easy to fix

So I could get a zx6 rear racing fairing and it should bolt straight on ?? Also, would I need to change the under tray you know ? customfighters forum isnt very helpful lol

the race rear seat will come bare its just the seat unit itself...no subframe checkout ebay for a race seat ,style, model etc your after or do a google image search the only thing youd have to do is fabricate your seat mounts and thats a pretty simple job i'm sure between both yourself and chad you could do a good job thumbs

Okay thanks, so I could use the normal fzr 400 undertray ?? the only thing I would need is the race fairing and make the seat mounts ? thanks for your help, means alot Smile

Seen several motor swaps with the FZR400.

They seem a popular bike for it.

One of the better ones had a 900 Fireblade engine.

Went OK.

Putting the Yam 600 motor into the 400 is very popular,been done quite a few time.

Seen the 400 with everything from big single cylinderthumper motors to RD/RZ350 2-strokes.

I think using the YZF1000 motor would be more complicated but would keep things "interesting"

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1988-YAMAHA-FZR-400-STREETFIGHTER-1000cc-/270873857685?pt=UK_Motorcycles&hash=item3f11570e95

One of the lads out here (Pete) put a 300+hp intercooled Turbo Hayabusa motor into a GSXR600/750 frame. Wasnt an easy fit but anything is "do-able" if you set to with a grinder and welder !

Thats mental! I could never go that far, have trouble with a tail conversion let alone a engine one fofl

Putting the Yam 600 motor into the 400 is very popular,been done quite a few time.

Seen the 400 with everything from big single cylinderthumper motors to RD/RZ350 2-strokes.

I think using the YZF1000 motor would be more complicated but would keep things "interesting"

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1988-YAMAHA-FZR-400-STREETFIGHTER-1000cc-/270873857685?pt=UK_Motorcycles&hash=item3f11570e95

I like that thumbs

So finished one fairing for the belly pan, honestly, think im gonna buy one, mines turned out so bad, harder then I thought haha, Check the brake pads aswell yesterday, plenty of life left in them, striped the front fairing off aswell, took rear fairings off aswell, as where the subframe bolts to on the main frame, the thread on the main frame has gone, drilling a taping it tomorrow when dads got the tools from work. Here's a couple of pics as well Smile ohhh and I got some more rust off the down pipes Smile

Fairing on the bike just to see how it lines up.

Back to sanding and cutting, edges rough as heck here so back to the start....

looks better then before but think im gonna buy a belly pan for a fazer 600 and make it fit it on lol.

Belly pan on the bike.

Some more rust off Smile

Front fairing off, head light soon to be gone! Smile

Brake pads Smile (yes I did take the caliper apart to check them lol.

Rear fairings off.

Can kinda see where the subframe is bent.

Left hand side you can see where frame is bent.

Mess up thread.

Today I shall be taking the undertray off and should be ordering the subframe Smile

i love doing work like this you will stand back one day and it will look so nice , thumbsthumbs

So do I, makes the bike mean more once you work on it, I hope it looks nice, dont want it to turn out as an ugly fighter lmao.

Ash you want hand with undertray I can build up shapes so I could look different and then fill/spray

Yeah please mate, Think im gonna keep the standard subframe and just grind it to fit an r6 tail, its been done have the link for it Smile

nice one.. gotta say love his extra information

*I USED TO USE IT WITH FOAM PAD BUT ENDED UP WALKING LIKE I HAD SHAT MYSELF SO CUT IT OUT* Laughing

agree and got the 33bhp washer kit off Chad today Smile got them in the bike, just the bar,yokes,speedo,lights,pegs, bar end mirror left to buy and then the polishing on the frame and swingarm, then to clear rust from down pipes and spray black Smile

Thanks guys and Lee whats the best hand polisher thats not to much in price ? need to use on for my frame and swingarm.

Thanks guys and Lee whats the best hand polisher thats not to much in price ? need to use on for my frame and swingarm.
you mean as in what type of tool

if so angle grinder thumbs

here ya go mate buy a cheap polishing kit from here,polishing kits bottom left of page
the firs kit will do

http://www.thepolishingshop.co.uk/acatalog/Polishing_Kits.html

if you have a palm sander or an orbital sander,use that first to remove the anodise of the frame and swingarm start with 120 grit dont go lower it will scratch it and make more work for ya thumbs

Okay, thanks alot mate! will let you know how it goes Smile

no probs just drop us a pm if ya get stuck will advise ya more mate thumbs

Thanks, I will prob end up pm you as there is one part I wish to make shine again buts its full of scuffs, not sure how to get them out, but will try and sand it first then let you know if I fail lol. Thanks again mate.

Thanks, I will prob end up pm you as there is one part I wish to make shine again buts its full of scuffs, not sure how to get them out, but will try and sand it first then let you know if I fail lol. Thanks again mate.
no worrys thumbs