Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ashleypayne

Yamaha fzr 400 3tj Street fighter project.

ash ill give ya a hand at some point, i polished the wheels and swinger on my ninja, used a drill for that, never thought of angle grinder good idea lee.

im polishing few bits on bandit but nothing major now as its going party

Thanks Chad, quick update on the bike, A massive thanks for dave for telling me about the brillo pads, I went over the down pipes for a couple of mins and they have turned out pretty decent considering the time spent on them, will be cleaning them more tomorrow, also my top yoke came this afternoon, how ever the center bolt on the FZR yoke will no move for censored, Its had 13 and a halfstone and 200nm on the nut and it will not move, any one any ideas ?? Also looking to get digital clocks but ive read that they can put the bike in to a safety mode where it doesnt rev above 8000rpm any one any ideas on this ? Thanks.

Okay, thanks Dick, Im gonna give it another crack tomorrow as it may be a left hand thread my dad was saying and if it fails I shall buy the plusgas stuff you said and try that Smilethumbs

Okay, thanks Dick, Im gonna give it another crack tomorrow as it may be a left hand thread my dad was saying and if it fails I shall buy the plusgas stuff you said and try that Smilethumbs

Try to tighten then loosen. And ash koso will be fine its more modern bikes

You sure Chad ? Ive read if the clocks arent wired up correctly is can cause all kinds of trouble haha, I like the acewell clocks

Quick update, I have bought the following for the bike:
Koso speedo
New bars
Subframe
R6 Fairings

The top yoke I bought doesnt fit, please see my other post if you can help me with my yoke situation.

I have also started the polishing on the bike Smile

Ohhh little off topic but got a sneaky pic from my window of dad working on his 600 hehe

The fairings and new bars came today, I was like a little 5 year old on xmas day when I was opening the fairings, first big step towards the transformation of the bike, was smiling like a gooden haha.

Bars look blue, but there carbon black Smile

Just to get some idea about the look with the tail, sorry about the crap pics, was using my phone.

thatll keep you busy for a while m8 and i see you got yer dad motivated too Smile good work thumbs

I know it gonna be aloada work to do, will be fun none the less.

I finally got him out there on his bike dick, to find it sounding all lumpy when he started asked him why, guess what he did, he only put the mixed petrol and diesel in his tank -_-.

Tried the other tail, think I prefer this one, I couldnt get the rossi tail rep on my subframe to meet the tank as the tail fairing wasnt wide enough but will experiment with both.

First look, the tail fairing isnt meeting up with the tank in this pic think it needs to be cut down a bit, look how much it sticks out the back of the bike haha.

Still sticking out a bit

Now im not so sure on this tail height, I mean yeah I like it (may think im weird) but looks like a fighter tail like this ??? What should I do, Make a custom subframe to fit this fairing or get the fairing level with the bike and cut the fairing down so it doesnt hang off the back of the bike to much. Ohh and the r6 belly pan doesnt fit (not that im surprised haha).

bit more polishing done

subframe swap would be easier option, aka get a tail/subframe that match and work out a way to fit Smile

I was thinking that Matt, all that needs to be done to fix and r6 07 plate subframe is a couple of weld's on the mono shock mount if you get me ?

yes that will be best get the sub frame , of you will lose your ball's on that way to high

I can change the way the tail sits on, just takes cutting of my subframe, I shall start cutting at the bent subframe Friday to see if the tail will fit on and line up with the tank, if not then I shall buy the r6 subframe Smile

Speedo and subframe turned up this afternoon Smile
Only thing I need now is bar risers and lights then bike is pretty much sorted(part wise)

Koso speedo

Yeah I know, seen a few people put the coolant and water in like a flask on the side of the frame.

Yeah I know, seen a few people put the coolant and water in like a flask on the side of the frame.
nah thats oil catch tank mate.

nah thats oil catch tank mate.

haha beat me to it :P

Why would you wanna sit on it lol ? id be scared of falling off it lol.

Gsxr srad lock broke so sat on dome round the block. Was a kiddo

Started the tail conversion this morning partyparty , got the tail sliding on the subframe now, just need to start playing about the angle of the tail Smile

partyparty

Thanks guys thumbs
Tail needs moving up a little bit just so the dome dip is inline with the tank and its in position Smile

Quick update, got the speedo working as it should also bought the headlight and mudguard from this bike to fit to mine Smile

Quick update, got the speedo working as it should also bought the headlight and mudguard from this bike to fit to mine Smile

is that a Honda hornet ??

nice one ash,as for ya polishing you need to remove all that anodise coating of ya heal plates then you can start to polish them thumbs

@lee wrote:
nice one ash,as for ya polishing you need to remove all that anodise coating of ya heal plates then you can start to polish them thumbs

How do i get it off Lee ?
Ive gone over it twice using 240-1500 grit and still not all coming off, this is what it looks like now,

its nearly all off,You have 2 choices me personally would sand it off as you have already started sanding

but if you do anything else thats anodised use mr muscles oven cleaner spray it on leave for 30 mins then check it

repeat this till its all of then polish thumbs

@madsod wrote:

is that a Honda hornet ??

Blade