Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gravelrash

Why?

Been to fill up at my local Asda petrol station, I always fill up while still sat on the bike and never remove my helmet this has never been a problem in the past but as i go to pay the kiosk attendant said new policy has just come in and all bikers must remove helmets and must get off their bikes to refuel Huh . Although its a pain I can understand the helmet removal policy but getting off the bike to refuel? thats a new one on me! So after saying no problem there is plenty of other service stations to choose from he said he wouldn't personally implement the policy but some others might, Its all just a load of Boll censored cks! scratch Surely if a bike only has a side stand there is a greater risk of fuel spillage so i can't see the reasoning behind the policy angry

I had the same issue with Morrisons will never shop or buy fuel off um again.I could go on as its one rule for us and ,,,,,,,,,,,well you get the jist,,,,,,

But why get off the bike Gaz? the 3 seconds it takes to get on the bike and ride off without paying (if thats the reasoning) seems a bit of a ridiculous policy to me.

i never use supermarkets for juice, always use local garages and get no hassle thumbs

i suppose if ive no other option then id use one but not been in that situation and id rather support a small business it might cost a few pence more but thats just me thumbs

He probably being a tw@t today an took it out on you. was the policy posted up anywhere so you could see it, I used to just put me helmet just on the top of me head never ad a problem like this, they just want the camera to look at your face coz you aint got a number plate on the front of the bike, next time go in your car with your crash helmet on and see what he says Laughing

Its the same in Leominster aswell remove all lids, me personally always get of me bike to fuel up thumbs

tesco asked me for id when i was 16 on the 50. im on the bike ffs.

always go bp and their not shutting for 3 months to re-vamp so got a choice of tesco, what will proabbly be busy now and is 3 miles out the way now, or jet garage thats not too far but prices are stupid!

I've heard of the bike one before, they state health and safety as some eeegit spilled petrol while sat on his bike filling up somewhere, might have been a fire but cant remember, still stupid if you ask me, I wonder if pillions have to get off??

ITCHY wrote:
I've heard of the bike one before, they state health and safety as some eeegit spilled petrol while sat on his bike filling up somewhere, might have been a fire but cant remember, still stupid if you ask me, I wonder if pillions have to get off??

so why dont all passengers in cars have to get out when they fill up just in case the car catches fire.

To be honest I think ive only ever had to remove my helmet once or twice when filling up

but ive never come across geting off the bike to fill up

I've got a flip up helmet, but can't understand whenever I flip it up I get asked to put It back down Laughing

I go to morrisons and use there pay at the pump so no problem, but why do we have to get off the bike as u can't fill up properly Huh