Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chadatious

sv650 on going project

okay im not doing anything major, but bit of polish, bit of paint, and you know me some bling Very Happy

heres the bike at the moment

ive aloready cracked the paint out, but onl;y on luggage rails, bit tatty, i cut them off the bandit, yes it looked better, but oh my was it a backside to take luggage! mistake!

just need to sort the clock face out now cant get a vinyl anywhere, so may ahve to get one made

doesnt need much chad just a tidy up,forklegs need a sort and a small screen would look good m8 thumbs

yeah thanx dick, needs new front brake lines, so guna get braided, underbelly should be here by now. and just little bits like mirrors and bar to change, but i willkeep standard for when i sell it, unlike bandit where i sold them!! head bang

She looks just fine mate...get her tuned for when me and everyone comes down.... thumbspartyparty

will do stue lol

cant decide if to try doms with my lovely screen or keep this light with a screen, scratch

some one on bf is selling doms but a bigger style i think may go better

I do like the doms thumbs but its up to you mate, i think she looks fine as she is thumbsthumbs

cheapest you will find a nice double bubble fly screen for a single 7" headlight Wink i've had 2 of them and they really are cracking screens

cheapest you will find a nice double bubble fly screen for a single 7" headlight Wink i've had 2 of them and they really are cracking screens
*Linky Click Click*

@fr499y wrote:
*Linky Click Click*

similar to the puig i had on my old b6 thumbs

they come with a clear trim, have a look on me facebook pics chad, theres the iridium screen on 3 or 4 of the bikes i had lol. Well worth the £30( £35 ish with postage ) direct from german factory, the instructions are a good laugh to try and read (no english) but hey! and they look better than the puig in my eyes as there a double bubble not just a bubble screen thumbs

@fr499y wrote:
they come with a clear trim, have a look on me facebook pics chad, theres the iridium screen on 3 or 4 of the bikes i had lol. Well worth the £30( £35 ish with postage ) direct from german factory, the instructions are a good laugh to try and read (no english) but hey! and they look better than the puig in my eyes as there a double bubble not just a bubble screen thumbs

yeah thanxc its orderd, got an iridium, will add a bit of colour rather than mirror

nice one chad,polish the frame it will give it that spondon frame look

you know it makes sense LaughingLaughing

thumbsthumbsthumbs

will do stue lol

cant decide if to try doms with my lovely screen or keep this light with a screen, scratch

some one on bf is selling doms but a bigger style i think may go better

I like the doms but I like what u have on the sv looks good whatever you choose thumbs

@madsod wrote:
no lee! too much work lol
also steal frame from what i recall
Embarassed I always thought they were alloy Embarassed

are well chad no polished frame SadLaughingLaughing

@lee wrote:
@madsod wrote:
no lee! too much work lol
also steal frame from what i recall
Embarassed I always thought they were alloy Embarassed

are well chad no polished frame SadLaughingLaughing
i think the mk2 is but not the first one's

Alloy..

Although the aluminum-truss style frame looks as thought it was borrowed from the TL1000S, it has been designed specifically for this bike. According to Suzuki, the truss-style frame, with its low weight and high torsional rigidity, takes better advantage of V-twin power delivery characteristics as opposed to the heavier twin-spar frames found on in-line fours. Although Suzuki wasn't confident enough in their design to incorporate it into the TL1000R, the truss frame is a great fit for the 650 engine. It's lighter and 20 millimeters shorter than the TL1000S frame, and it places the front wheel closer to the center of the motorcycle to produce quicker steering characteristics.

@madsod wrote:
o i got that wrong then hide must be my age head bangSleep

lol. Got to say, they do look like a steel frame

bling bling, but a few issues.

screen came looks lush but looks like its for a light 1" bigger so going to machine the brakcets to have a longer slot to lower the largish gap betweehn the light and screen

also belly pan came, but cant work out to save my life how it sits! got anooyed came inside and solked, so ill give it a crack in a new few days.

best mod of all

yes i know bit dirty round edges, will polish them doing it bit at a time.

also, castration day Sad

they are now in

nice one chad,sure you will work the belly pan out thumbs

Hey Chad have you ridden the SV in anger yet. Once you have done it up take it out & ring the nuts off it befor u flog it. They handle sweet & are really agile and make great track day bikes.

@darkember wrote:
Hey Chad have you ridden the SV in anger yet. Once you have done it up take it out & ring the nuts off it befor u flog it. They handle sweet & are really agile and make great track day bikes.

I'm no where near selling it yet lol. Got this at least a year

ARGH?!!!!!!! censoredcensored

Getting well annoyed now, got bike out for snow pic, went to start it to take it to a better spot and it had an air leak, went to sort it and where inlet screw was corroded it chewed up and its the one that you have to ge through between the frame Sad

then battery died, and cant fin the charger,

belly pan still wont sit right ??

and wose of all i blame matt for this Laughing the screen dont fit. my rev counter sticks out the side when it goes back on so got to cut a massive chunk out of the screen, and then it sits ntoo high so need to cut it and srill more holes, guna be an arse to do head bang

heres the gap opn the screen, and wont sit straight as catching on speedo bracket before speedo is even on

okay bit fo progess selling belly pan as cant get it to fit how i want, so get my money bac selling it, use money to get on road and i may make a custom one seeing as im almost finished at college a few months early i can do my own bits.

took those white stickers off as didnt go with the bike, so puit couple black ones on the frame, however some annoying person kept putting his head in the pics (ashley)

some pics of the bike yesterday and ash having a play on it.

that was yesterday still had old indicators etc, so done bit today, but maionly tidied garage.

picked these renthals up for £5 off a mate, need a clean but pleased with the price. well are copys but will do the job

new mini front indies, they only had carbon, but got it around my clocks etc so will blend in

now the bike in its current state forks are smooth now went to 400 grit but takeing them off for some serious tlc, and put new dust seals with protectors on

thanx dave, also does anyone know if ill get points for the plate, its not much bigger than half the size of the standard but writing is alot smaller, bit ones looked horrid, when if its the £30 fine ive been told i would take that on the chin thumbs

thanx dave, also does anyone know if ill get points for the plate, its not much bigger than half the size of the standard but writing is alot smaller, bit ones looked horrid, when if its the £30 fine ive been told i would take that on the chin thumbs
bike looks well chad,think its £60 fine now

ive got a small plate on mine but thinking of changing it,cant be doing with drawing attention to meself thumbs

looking good chad thumbs ive got a standard plate but the ace is that big makes it look small Laughing

Looks very nice thumbs and yes its a £60 fine i got pulled but got away with it as i had a stock plate under the seat

Screen looks nice now its on! good fit by the looks of it :P , normally they fit any bike with a slight alteration of the bracket ( on a bandit they just need the tiny slotted bit bending )

She's looking well chad, dont know what the the old bill arae like down near you but they let it slide up here, so got a small plate thumbs

@haveugot1 wrote:
She's looking well chad, dont know what the the old bill arae like down near you but they let it slide up here, so got a small plate thumbs

depends on copper been pulled 4 times, once as a groups

1st, he said i was rasceing but i want, all cos my mate blasted off the long was and i cruised to the shortcut way, he was quite rude about it, but gave me a warning i ddint deserve,

2ndly being too noisey, near a funeralm, i wasnt noisey hes a local biker cop who picks on smaller bikes as was on my 50, he nods at me on the 600.

3rd was speeeding just a nice warning

so not to bad more talk tos except hasting

out group got pulled liams l plate had snaped luke didnt have any, both go 3 points, and he had a right go, but liamk you could se where it snapped but he wouldnt havge it. so i think it depends on the copper

yep depends on the copper,ive never been pulled for owt even with small plates and loud pipes on my old bandit thumbs