• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chadatious

sv650 on going project

@lee wrote:
Nice one chad looking well,glad I could help ya out mate

well that goes for anyone thumbsthumbs

thats well nice Lee. thats what make this place so good we all help and look out for each other same from me also i will help any one out , wife;s girl friend . and bikes Laughing

ok nothing much but i had a slopw puntchure, lost 2 psi on our ride yesterday.

so took one side of the tyre off to investigate, and replaced valved,

valve was brittle so new fitted, but biggest issue, was the bead, and inside rim had oxidisationj around it, and wondering if thaty could be the cause, so ive cleaned tthem right up, put it back on and time will tell if it works

oh and some rideout pics from yesterday

Chad is this the road that goes down to the nudist beach at leysdown
bananahide [/quote]

yep shellness hahaha

ohy some ba dnews guys i hurt the bike, i nlost my footing and it went me on my arse, and dented the tank Sad

might be cheaper to full respray or to just get a new tank useable but annoying me ill just keep and eye out.

least me and james got to go up the sea wall and about a bit, to test my tyre seems okay now

bananahide

yep shellness hahaha

ohy some ba dnews guys i hurt the bike, i nlost my footing and it went me on my arse, and dented the tank Sad

might be cheaper to full respray or to just get a new tank useable but annoying me ill just keep and eye out.

least me and james got to go up the sea wall and about a bit, to test my tyre seems okay now

[/quote]

im taking the XJ up there chad as soon as its on the road - see if i can beat your trail of dust

@jimmywiz wrote:

bananahide

yep shellness hahaha

im taking the XJ up there chad as soon as its on the road - see if i can beat your trail of dust [/quote]

yeah your on the dirt bike and i overtook you fofl

sorry to hear about the tank chad,least ya back on the road thumbsthumbs

thanx lee, and yeah, can be my next college project. may re-spray bike, but not sure on colour to be fair :/

and heres some more pics of today

oh and james did a couple edits for me. think their well good Smile

some great pics mate and yeah speak to your tutor

I did my old 600 at work when I was in the body shop,sorted the dented tank after falling over in the back yard LaughingLaughing

@lee wrote:
some great pics mate and yeah speak to your tutor

I did my old 600 at work when I was in the body shop,sorted the dented tank after falling over in the back yard LaughingLaughing

just the paint lol

Rizla blue Chad thumbsthumbs gotta be thumbsthumbs stunning pics bro nice to see ya back on the road thumbs

@Stue11 wrote:
Rizla blue Chad thumbsthumbs gotta be thumbsthumbs stunning pics bro nice to see ya back on the road thumbs

dont think it would suit mate, silver and light blue :/ maybe dark candy, and thanx Smile

[quote="Chadatious"][quote="jimmywiz"]

bananahide

yep shellness hahaha

Chad did you lose your footing watching the men on the nudist beach hidefofl

Na sorry to here this you'll get it done soon thumbs

just seen half my writting, need to watch my fat fingers on the phone.

and nah did it in the garage today not yesterday Sad

got new tyres!!!

20 miles from new dunlop sportmax, came o a new sv that was ridden home then some race rubber was put on £125, had to drive 35 miles away so £15 in diesel and me & ash fitted them. well happy. just ow dad £100 now as needed a wheel bearing Sad

chad i do hope they are not the Dunlop D220's Shocked

if you got them to get you out of trouble for a bit till you can get some good sticky tyres then you will be fine. Just dont go trying to carve away at twisties.. I have had knobblies in the wet that handle better than them in the dry, i lost count how many times i managed ( riding sensibly ) to get the back tyre to slip out under normal breaking/accelerating and cornering like a learner!! on heavier bikes there ok, but the SV i found them to be pretty DIRE! lol which could be why a lot of them are as new ( with the lines down the tyres ) taken off SV's within the first 100 miles. I kept mine on for about a thousand and no matter how hot it was outside, they would still let go to some extent. The older SV might be heavier so they might behave differently Wink

matt i cant slah the tyres off done 200 miles oof two up riddin and for half a cm on chicken stips, and on my own, took them to the edge, i quite like them!

saying that i rode a new sv and the bike handles like poop.

anyhow got the belly pan fitted as such, wanst for my bike as said bloody ebay, all needs now is some filler in the old holes, and some paint, i hope to do next week.

and i needed a biger number plate. well ooopos i ot smaller slaphead

however the kletters arw a lot bigger. if i bolted it like olod it looked stupidly small. so i sprsayed old plate back, and mounded this one further down, best i can do as any bigger and it hits the wheel so staying like this till i get a proper number plate bracket and ill get a slightly bigger one. thumbs

earn some money and 3rd of them wasted Sad £14 for the plate, and found out its 3 points! not good! so going to make a bracket to put a stock plate on that doesnt hit the wheel. but going to chop it down, still illeagal but bairly noticeable

looks fine mate! yeah, older sv's must be a bit heavier, them tyres felt like shit on the newer sv's rofl

update Smile

going to keep the bike, its powerful enough.

so going to get frame poweders as well as weheels etc black, and get some colour on those panels. time will tell what i do thumbs

repairs in order. im repairing my dent

good insight for thouse who dont know how much goes into a repair.

so this is then dent

and tank before work, well tiny bit started on the side

okay to get the suzuki sticker off to re-paint this is how much effort goes into removing a sticker. bare metal

and some filler work

now had a coat of top stop on which will need sanding tomorrow,

only coments are it was an ass to get the right shape, but got there in the end,

im also now colour matching it but as im off college next week its being aerosoled to get me out on it next week and then week after ill put the proper paint on thumbs

More progress but last for just under 2 weeks. i am going to be ridding the bike like this as next week is review week, so cant put the proper paint on until the week after, but rather ride it than have it locked up for 2 weeks!

top stop on (~fills the pin holes)

i then put it in the booth and added some primer

its a local prime thats why the whole tanks not done, only issue is a slight sink on the filler from bake, so ill flat the primer and re-spray it to fill that in and should look like there was never a dent! still can bairly notice it right now.

okay tanks back on the bike Smile

also thank you dave for the clock!

bike just needs a proper clean/polish for the hadnting may day bike run party

tud dud dar!!!

well pleadse paints come out great! will look a lot cleaner than the other panels, so im going to cut and polish them to try and get them matxhing more.

also painted the belly pan,

over all im very please and no runs party

shiney!

nice work chad,should be better than the original suzi paint thumbsthumbs

@dick65 wrote:
nice work chad,should be better than the original suzi paint thumbsthumbs

thanx Smile and origonal suzuki had a dust coat and a main, same with clear so approx 3 coats, mine is 5 with 2.5 base, 2.5 clear, think tharts why it looks darker and bit more glittery, but i dodnt want thin paint to chip.

cutting compound will bring those other panels out thou Smile

ill be respraying my xj900 shortly.most likely take the tank to air devils in brampton quality work and reasonable rates thumbs

thanx guys thumbs

and cool dick! i do it all myself now Smile passed my tests i know how to do it, got a passion why not!

you can make a living out of it chad,ive got no facilitys to do owt like that but i do odds and ends thumbs

@dick65 wrote:
you can make a living out of it chad,ive got no facilitys to do owt like that but i do odds and ends thumbs

yeah mate, hopefully got onto some work in a paint place, repairing brand new cars off the cargo ships, not deffo and is just they need worker but could lead me onto the 2 year apprenticehsip i need, and once qualified im off this island and finding my own feet!

sounds good chad hope it works out for you m8 thumbs