Please do not use an email address as your username. If you have, please change your username. ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Davehutch-hutchs

slipper clutch ?

As had been said give the bike lots of beans and then go from say top to first straight down the box , im sure me and you don't ride like that Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy we to old hide or not lol!

Nowt new though, My 57 Norton as one well sort of,
Wile Blaging along the M69 doing great speeds the clutch slipped before the rear wheel locked up along with the engine! But it did give me that split second warning to shut off pull in the clutch and move across to a safe place like the hard shoulder,I waited a short time for the Motor to cool down and carried on to Stratford,Had a cuppa tea and a bag of chips rode it home at a more steady pace thumbs Cast Iron barrol not good at cooling down at Motorway speeds.

@XS1100 wrote:
Nowt new though, My 57 Norton as one well sort of,
Wile Blaging along the M69 doing great speeds the clutch slipped before the rear wheel locked up along with the engine! But it did give me that split second warning to shut off pull in the clutch and move across to a safe place like the hard shoulder,I waited a short time for the Motor to cool down and carried on to Stratford,Had a cuppa tea and a bag of chips rode it home at a more steady pace thumbs Cast Iron barrol not good at cooling down at Motorway speeds.

affraidaffraid

your king got one?

i rode a mates ninja, and i ddint like it, where the bandit had engine brakeing he had his sliper clutch on and if you dropped off the revvs it rolled like an automatic, i couldnt get on with it but good for raceing i bet.

ahhh cool, mate had oen oin his first big bike, anouther ninja, he went on my bandit and kept kangarooing, couldnt ride the gears as his would roll mines would lock as he was in wrong gear.

still nice to have if you want to use it, thumbs

ahhh cool, mate had oen oin his first big bike, anouther ninja, he went on my bandit and kept kangarooing, couldnt ride the gears as his would roll mines would lock as he was in wrong gear.

still nice to have if you want to use it, thumbs
dont think i have a option scratch

They operate by a ball bearing and face cam affair which lift the clutch actuating mechanism as the engine braking is transmitted back through the clutch. They work exceptionally well with big 4 stroke singles in a race situation but do require setting up correctly which can go as far as re-profiling the face cam. I'm not sure of their value on the road but very useful on the track, depends on just how kamikaze your down change technique is.
I'm thinking of replacing the clutch on my FZR with one as the OEM basket is made of metal having the properties of cheese. FZR clutches are known for exploding and totalling the motor and dumping cheese, sorry aluminium shavings into the oil causing con rod failure.

They operate by a ball bearing and face cam affair which lift the clutch actuating mechanism as the engine braking is transmitted back through the clutch. They work exceptionally well with big 4 stroke singles in a race situation but do require setting up correctly which can go as far as re-profiling the face cam. I'm not sure of their value on the road but very useful on the track, depends on just how kamikaze your down change technique is.
I'm thinking of replacing the clutch on my FZR with one as the OEM basket is made of metal having the properties of cheese. FZR clutches are known for exploding and totalling the motor and dumping cheese, sorry aluminium shavings into the oil causing con rod failure.
you know stuff thumbs

im breaking a fzr and the clutch has seized, hope its not this

@Davehutch wrote:
what is one and what does it mean ? Embarassed

It mean's the B-King has a crap clutch ! Laughing

BTL (Back Torque Limiter) stop's you locking
the rear wheel when downshifting.

It also gives the Busa/King a worse clutch
when used hard, or at the drags.
You lose the smooth progressive feel that a
good clutch should have.

Really, IMO its like B-mode. if your ready
to ride a B-King, you shouldnt need one.
Who stamp's down 4 gears in one go?

Mr Safe and Sensible on the street who's not
using his bikes potential may not notice, but
there are several kits to remove the BTL
and its on my "to do list"

http://www.brocksperformance.com/Ultra-Light-Billet-Clutch-Mod+I270461+C29.aspx

@Davehutch wrote:
what is one and what does it mean ? Embarassed

It mean's the B-King has a crap clutch ! Laughing

BTL (Back Torque Limiter) stop's you locking
the rear wheel when downshifting.

It also gives the Busa/King a worse clutch
when used hard, or at the drags.
You lose the smooth progressive feel that a
good clutch should have.

Really, IMO its like B-mode. if your ready
to ride a B-King, you shouldnt need one.
Who stamp's down 4 gears in one go?

Mr Safe and Sensible on the street who's not
using his bikes potential may not notice, but
there are several kits to remove the BTL
and its on my "to do list"

http://www.brocksperformance.com/Ultra-Light-Billet-Clutch-Mod+I270461+C29.aspx

thumbsthumbs

im breaking a fzr and the clutch has seized, hope its not this

Nah, don't worry. the clutch plates on FZR's stick together after they have stood for any length of time. To free them off just stick the bike on a paddock stand with the engine running, pull the clutch lever in, snick the bike into second gear and gently apply the rear brake while keeping the revs up enough to stop the motor stalling. If the bikes not running don't worry the plates will peel apart quite easily once you take the clutch to pieces.
Which FZR is it you're breaking and roughly where are you as I might be interested in a few bits as I'm in the process of sorting my 1000RU out for the summer.

This has been a very good read everyone keep it up I never understood anything about the slipper clutch neither Embarassed

They are pretty good, the zed's got a BTL which i gotta say, comes in handy when ya hammering the gears Cool

Never seen the need for one.

I grew up on the original GSX's, Z1000's,
Katana's etc. You learnt how to ride them.
I still ride my Busa and B-King as I would
the Bandit or GSX11. If you did something
stupid, you found out it hurt!

Maybe some bikes / manufacturers are better
than others. The big Suzuki's dont seem to
wear theirs well.

Busa's/Kings launch well if you keep your
rev's high, weight forward and then feed
the clutch in, but the stock clutch could
be a lot better. That's why they do the
Brock removal kits.