Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bladerunner

worrying news

Just sold my other halfs R6 on ebay and the guy who bought it made me an offer within 12 hours of listing it,so odviously i accepted,but i found out afterwards that this guy was a german dealer and he had bought 16 bikes to export to germany.Got talking to him last night when he came to pick it up and it turns out he does this trip once a month.thing is he's not the only one doing it and i got to thinking sooner or later its going to have an effect on used bike prices in the UK as theres not going to be that many to go around.

its a regular thing m8, personally i dont like to see it Sad

My cousin sold his mille to a German dealer 3months ago and got good money, but they must be selling them and getting really good money over there

Also the way most of our main dealers are going there wont be any new bikes to buy either Sad

Its been going on for a while now, my brother buys cages and bikes and takes them to northern ireland and makes a tidy profit.

this goes to show something not importing but theires money to be made.

bikes in the se corner tend to be more that they are up say north. for example, a bandit you could ghet for £1000 up there would be 1100-1200 here. but this made me think.

out famo in wales, their son paid simular money for his corsa to what i did for my ka. his corse had nealr 80k miles, was 1996, and quite tatty, my ka had 35k, 2002 model and very clean.

they haver a shortage of small cars over there, but over here where i am their everywhere, mhy dad said he should but them over here and take them back to wales

I ran a Suzuki dealership in Germany years ago and there was always this weird grey market such as new bikes being grey imported from Australia to Europe as the pricing structure made it more lucrative. So shipping a bike all the way from Japan to Australia and then back to Europe was cheaper than buying them direct scratch
I do think a few of these Euro gravy train countries might be revising their precariously over leveraged lifestyles shortly.
Daren't say any more as I'm in danger of going all political silent

I think herbs bandit went to poland,there all at it

my mate works for a large breakers cars and bikes and they come over and buy containers full off stuff and send it over