RichardH

and todays question is..

Bike Alarms??
1. are they actually worth bothering with
2. home fit or professional
3. which one
$. any other info you see fit to post
THANKS GUYS thumbsthumbs

I have a disc alarm but it dont work anymore, pretty sure they wouldn't let me near plan B fighting

i would save your money and spend it on locks chains and a ground anchor.nobody takes a blind bit of notice if an alarms going off these days and if they want your bike theyre going to have it,alarms dont stop them but locks and chains slow them down a bit.A lot of the time they pull up in a van,4 big lads jump out the back stick a scaffold pole through each wheel and launch it in the back of the van. by the time your alarm starts screaming theyre 100 yards down the road.And on a day to day basis,theyre a pain in the f*****g ar5e.

Got the datatool 4 alarm as Triumph recommended. Had it fitted at dealers. Works very well. Got lots of modes ie Service, ferry, immobilise only etc. Only pain is at petrol pumps as it immobilises itself after 45 secs so you have to have the fob handy to start up again. At home its anchored to the wall in two places with two massive chains and locks of Boron steel (will break the jaws of bolt cutters!) And its right outside my bedroom window!!

The best solution I have found is a cheap smart phone with gps tracking hidden somewhere on the bike. Apparently you can then track the bike's whereabouts using another smart phone. That way you can always find your bike without the hefty subscription that comes with trackers. If you're a bit of a leccy whiz you could always set up a trembler switch to text you if the bike is moved.
From there it's a matter of calling Dave so you can pay the tea-leafs a visit with plan B. fighting
I just need to figure out what a 'smart phone' is and how gps tracking works. confused

Afraid I'm an analogue girl struggling along in a digital world. Tammy understands these newfangled contraptions though I love you

cheapo alarm here, loud as though, would prob wake me up at night if mr low life attempted to steal her and i can hear it going off from my workshop at work,. Wink

i would save your money and spend it on locks chains and a ground anchor.nobody takes a blind bit of notice if an alarms going off these days and if they want your bike theyre going to have it,alarms dont stop them but locks and chains slow them down a bit.A lot of the time they pull up in a van,4 big lads jump out the back stick a scaffold pole through each wheel and launch it in the back of the van. by the time your alarm starts screaming theyre 100 yards down the road.And on a day to day basis,theyre a pain in the f*****g ar5e.

agree

the bike is pretty secure at home ( have you met the wife?), was thinking more of out and about

i got datatool S4, 2 whopping great big chains ( once me dad cut the wrong bastard lock off!! the one i want lobbing off needed a fecking grinder on it!!!! ) a disc lock and a guard chicken ( more useful than the mut! ) Very Happy

ITCHY wrote:
the bike is pretty secure at home ( have you met the wife?), was thinking more of out and about
they will just put it in the back of a van , all you want is some thing to make you awear of them touching it, thats why its not worth paying to have a alarm fitted , just a disk alarm

ITCHY wrote:
I've thought of them before Lee, at face height 2 inches from the door
agreeTwisted Evil

Disc lock for me...but then i never leave her side long enough for anyone to steal her Laughingthumbs