Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fallen Angel

Any other FZR1000's

Was just wondering if there are any other FZR1000 owners, everybody seems to ride Suzuki's. bike2
thats cos a lot of us came here from the bandit forum thumbs

not sure bout fzr, dick has a yzf1000 thunderace, and i could end up joining him as its on on my list tol test drive in august

yeah i got a yzf1000r thunderace sophie, steves got exups and i think a project exup as well Very Happythumbs

@dick65 wrote:
yeah i got a yzf1000r thunderace sophie, steves got exups and i think a project exup as well Very Happythumbs

i'm a big fan of the ACE very underated superbike.. I love you

mostly it has to be said by journos who follow the crowd and by people who've never owned one
and don't know bume

Ah, I did wonder why there were so many Bandit riders. I've owned a couple of GSXR 11's, up until some scumbag nicked the last one, an M Sad

Love the ThunderAce Dick. Yamaha sorted the issue with cylinder block distortion and a few other FZR glitches. Nice bike and pretty I love you

Quick question, I'm sure you know about how hideous the FZR clutch is. Is the YZF any better and if it is is it a straight swap?

Ah, I did wonder why there were so many Bandit riders. I've owned a couple of GSXR 11's, up until some scumbag nicked the last one, an M Sad

Love the ThunderAce Dick. Yamaha sorted the issue with cylinder block distortion and a few other FZR glitches. Nice bike and pretty I love you

Quick question, I'm sure you know about how hideous the FZR clutch is. Is the YZF any better and if it is is it a straight swap?

yamaha changed loads of the engine internals lighter crank forged pistons etc mines got a nice light clutch its only five gears doesnt need anymore,neutral can be a bit tricky at times chain adjustment helps there,i dont know about swapping the clutch its the same engine block so i would have thought so scratchstudy hope that helps sophie thumbs

a mates got a thunderarse , great bike but bad on clutchs till he did the yzf conversion , since then its been fine

not ever rode one but looks a good bike , and i would not say no . DICK'S bike looks spot on to me SurprisedSurprised

@madsod wrote:
not ever rode one but looks a good bike , and i would not say no . DICK'S bike looks spot on to me SurprisedSurprised
agreethumbs

@fr499y wrote:
had a ace, cracking toy Smile

though you had a cat

Oops soz ye, cat! hard to think and type with a broken finger and pain killers Sad

Dick it looks rubbish m8 get a proper bike Very Happy

like this big heavy beast

@XS1100 wrote:
Dick it looks rubbish m8 get a proper bike Very Happy

like this big heavy beast

lol!lol! beast and a half gaz thumbs

gaz do you like the xs750 triple? mate has one. reight old banger when it does start lol. hes now reiding a silngshot watercooled gsxr 750, runs okay but forks are leaking and pitted, and it needs alot of work but he wotn do that he runs them till they blow lol

the xs 750 was a bit dodgy,they rectified that with the xs800 Very Happythumbs

@dick65 wrote:

yamaha changed loads of the engine internals lighter crank forged pistons etc mines got a nice light clutch its only five gears doesnt need anymore,neutral can be a bit tricky at times chain adjustment helps there,i dont know about swapping the clutch its the same engine block so i would have thought so scratchstudy hope that helps sophie thumbs

Thanks Dick, I knew they'd sorted the distortion issues which caused the oil consumption problem. Honest, when I went to Greece on her I wish I'd bought shares in oil companies affraid

Working on her last night and noticed one of the fork oil seals is weeping slaphead Another 'little' job to add to the list Sad

I'd be quite tempted to put a YZF motor in if I came across one at the right price. Where did you say you parked yours Dick? hide

ive got two 89 fzr 1000 exups myself...check the forum for pics ov them... thumbs

@dick65 wrote:

Thanks Dick, I knew they'd sorted the distortion issues which caused the oil consumption problem. Honest, when I went to Greece on her I wish I'd bought shares in oil companies affraid

Working on her last night and noticed one of the fork oil seals is weeping slaphead Another 'little' job to add to the list Sad

I'd be quite tempted to put a YZF motor in if I came across one at the right price. Where did you say you parked yours Dick? hide

thats top secret sophie LaughingLaughing i forgot to say my ACE uses no oil at all between changes,hope you fettle the fork seals thumbs

gaz do you like the xs750 triple? mate has one. reight old banger when it does start lol. hes now reiding a silngshot watercooled gsxr 750, runs okay but forks are leaking and pitted, and it needs alot of work but he wotn do that he runs them till they blow lol

Chad 3 cylinders are also witch craft ! Laughing

Guest Guest

my fzr600 before

during

after it got nicked