Please do not use an email address as your username. If you have, please change your username. ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
madsod

chain oiler

@madsod wrote:
i have used tin's scotts oiler etc but had this on my green RF and not moved the chain in 5,000 miles

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TUTORO-MOTORCYCLE-CHAIN-OILER-KIT-SINGLE-FEED-NOZZLE-/160690808035?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item2569eb24e3

ive heard good things about them garry,my Ace came with a scottoiler fitted,i just top it up every thousand miles thumbsthumbs

i do give the chain a good clean once in a while,but it makes no mess Laughingthumbs

@madsod wrote:
i have used tin's scotts oiler etc but had this on my green RF and not moved the chain in 5,000 miles

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TUTORO-MOTORCYCLE-CHAIN-OILER-KIT-SINGLE-FEED-NOZZLE-/160690808035?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item2569eb24e3

my mate has something like that on his blade which he turns on an off at the start and end of his ride thumbsthumbs

as modern chains have "o" "x" rings which holds the lubrication in the rollers, the only friction you have to stop is that between the rollers and the sprockets , and i think "dry lube" does that well with out using messy lube or oil that attracts grit and turns it in to a grinding paste thumbs

@Davehutch wrote:
as modern chains have "o" "x" rings which holds the lubrication in the rollers, the only friction you have to stop is that between the rollers and the sprockets , and i think "dry lube" does that well with out using messy lube or oil that attracts grit and turns it in to a grinding paste thumbs

In basic terms, Dave prefers dry lube/wax to oil Laughing I got a scott oiler, but i wouldnt buy one, nothing wrong with checking chain when ya wash bike and wax it thumbs

my dry lube smells like coconut

Yep but its a very expensive deoderant and getting it off is a right pain! fofl

I don't wana smell like a woman Lmao

Why not? You can get down town and pull a stunner lol.