Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
streetfighter

SUZUKI GSX 750 RETRO

What do you think about them i dont no much but might be able to get one for around £500 its a 1998 needs tidying i'll try and get some pics of it its very dirty gonna try and have a look tomorrow at it. Just want some advice really and what to look out for thumbsthumbs

lucky feck, i wanted one of them. Picture a xjr 1200 with a curved frame and a gsx 750 oil cooled engine Very Happy also known as a suzuki inazuma 750

i like that!!! if its a good buy mate may be worth it, then come out on all the rides Smile

spose check usual suzuki bits, think paint, and collector box rott.

There a great bike just look out for the tank corroding

other than that there spot on,I loved mine thumbs

[img][/img]

@lee wrote:

[img][/img]
. That's well nice

Left work last night to see the bike, got all the way there with my mate and the bloke sold it to his cousin, was gutted couldn't believe it. so back to the drawing board and look for another bargain Sad

Left work last night to see the bike, got all the way there with my mate and the bloke sold it to his cousin, was gutted couldn't believe it. so back to the drawing board and look for another bargain Sad
censored dont worry mate wernt meant to be thumbs

Get yourself a GSX1100ET/EX,
drop in a GSXR11/Bandit 12 motor,
Use GSXR/Hayabusa running gear.

Build a REAL monster.

plenty more bikes out there mick youll find something soon enough m8 thumbs

Hope you won't mind me butting in, new to forum, but does anybody know the difference in the models, GSX750W, GSX750Y and GSX750X please?

or is it the numberplate prefix rather than model variation.

you got a budget mate?

i know people can get very light damage bikes cheap. for examples

my bandit 600, 3500 miles, £925 cost 250 to fix.

ashleys fzr400, fairing damage and bent subframe, nothing else, £450

mates banit 600, 19k, bent bars, heel plate and indicator £825 minter.

if not few mates are selling bikes for new one for this season Wink

he always has bargain bikes in. had a troupmh st1050 i think or the 995. slight frontal £550 thumbs

@Iano wrote:
Hope you won't mind me butting in, new to forum, but does anybody know the difference in the models, GSX750W, GSX750Y and GSX750X please?

drop in here and say hello /f1-say-hello
thumbsthumbs

@dick65 wrote:
@Iano wrote:

thumbsthumbs

isnt it the age? think w was 1998 as my bandit hd that, and swear my sv650 has y

bit like now it

k1-2001
k8-2008 etc

@dick65 wrote:
@Iano wrote:

thumbsthumbs
agreethumbs

@lee wrote:

[img][/img]

Gutted this was the colour of the bloody bike aswell looks lovely Sad could ave done some great things wiv it Sad

@lee wrote:

[img][/img]

Gutted this was the colour of the bloody bike aswell looks lovely Sad could ave done some great things wiv it Sad

Did you find it a comfortable bike streetfighter? That's why i'm interested in getting one (apart from the good looks). My XJ600n is fine up to a point but I'd like to travel a bit further afield in one go. When I say comfortable I mean a lack of banging up through the back end (ie good - dare I say - soft damping) and a lack of vibration. They have a nice fat rear tyre - 170 I think.

@Iano wrote:
@lee wrote:

[img][/img]

Did you find it a comfortable bike streetfighter? That's why i'm interested in getting one (apart from the good looks). My XJ600n is fine up to a point but I'd like to travel a bit further afield in one go. When I say comfortable I mean a lack of banging up through the back end (ie good - dare I say - soft damping) and a lack of vibration.

Think you have mis-understood i went to buy one the other day and the bloke had sold it to his cousin before i got there, if you read the thread from the begining you will understand its Lee that had one not me thumbsthumbs

@Iano wrote:
apologies

Dont apologise mate thats what we are here for. We are one big happy biker family you will get to know us all, we have a bit of banter with each other and a laugh no one takes offence, our Chad gets it alot he's a good kid we all get it its all good fun thumbsthumbs

cheers, appreciated: - this has to be the most friendly forum.

so intent on finding out more about that Suzuki that I didn't read the item properly - I have sent Lee a pm, thanks again.

Incidentally streetfighter - imo that price was very reasonable, I would expect to pay around £1000 for a decent one with a ticket and tax, saw one for £800 without t and t.

you might have been lucky but unless you are a good mechanic you can find yourself paying the asking price over again to get it sorted, speak from experience, but then I am not particularly competent on the fixing up front.

For example, as you know, neglected brakes can be a hassle and exhausts/tyres/chain-cogs aren't cheap, my mistake was not to check for burning oil, a bit of revving shows it up, sign of wear if you see another. Of course that applies to all bikes but I think that model is a good 'un.

hope this doesn't come over as a know all. love that particular bike - they were eclipsed by the bandit and apparently didn't sell that well, for that reason I suppose

Right i'm in work and get this call from the bloke who was selling this SUZUKI GSX 750 RETRO, he said his cousin now don't want the bike and its still for sale. Do i go and have a look and kick him up the nuts with a silly price or offer him what i was going to offer before which was £500, I might say to him i'll give you £400 and go from there,But do i stick on the £400 or do i go up a bit by bit to till i get to the £500. The other thing is that he kept my number so was he selling to his cousin or another buyer that never turned up, I have to ring him on the way home from work, bearing all this in mind i hope its still dirty and in need of a good clean like my mate said to me when he took me there before. So all advice NEEDED please confusedthumbs

well despite what i said above you can hardly go wrong with that kind of low price, it does run doesn't it? Check for that smoke matey. I'd take a look and try not to fall in love with it immediately but as you identify faults put that into the quation re price, easier to say than do.

My only advise to you Mick is go with ya gut feeling, go and have a look and youll decide whilst there whether its meant to be or not...oh and good luck mate, keep us informed

@Stue11 wrote:
My only advise to you Mick is go with ya gut feeling, go and have a look and youll decide whilst there whether its meant to be or not...oh and good luck mate, keep us informed

Cheers stue will do gonna ring him on the way home from work thumbs

@Stue11 wrote:

Cheers stue will do gonna ring him on the way home from work thumbs

Keep us updated mate

@Stue11 wrote:
agree when ive gone to look at bikes the slightest thing
that doesnt sound to be true I just walk away

going to look is free mick thumbs

Right i'm in work and get this call from the bloke who was selling this SUZUKI GSX 750 RETRO, he said his cousin now don't want the bike and its still for sale. Do i go and have a look and kick him up the nuts with a silly price or offer him what i was going to offer before which was £500, I might say to him i'll give you £400 and go from there,But do i stick on the £400 or do i go up a bit by bit to till i get to the £500. The other thing is that he kept my number so was he selling to his cousin or another buyer that never turned up, I have to ring him on the way home from work, bearing all this in mind i hope its still dirty and in need of a good clean like my mate said to me when he took me there before. So all advice NEEDED please confusedthumbs

@lee wrote:
@Stue11 wrote:
agree when ive gone to look at bikes the slightest thing
that doesnt sound to be true I just walk away

going to look is free mick thumbs

Cheers everyone will do thumbs