Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fr499y

Wasn't expecting THAT this morning!

Woke up this morning to find 2 chickens without heads in the garden! pretty pissed off as one i raised from a egg not long back Sad spent a bit looking for the other 3 but only found one more hiding under the trees. Bastard foxes really annoy me at times!!! Was hoping to find the other 3 in other gardens alive and kicking but doesn't look like i will Sad

Been throught it a few times.
"Fixed" too many fox's to count.

Mum resently took in a dozen Ex-battery hens.
They still layed but not often enough to be profitable.
Normaly sent off for meat/pet food, She gave them a 2nd chance.
Dog off the local council estate got in and killed them.

I put mine away at night , sorry to hear you bad news , rat will also do this , had one get in my dads farm , we had 26,000 hens and 4,000 cocks

@madsod wrote:
I put mine away at night , sorry to hear you bad news , rat will also do this , had one get in my dads farm , we had 26,000 hens and 4,000 cocks

Funny you should say that, recon we got a rat hiding somewhere as the shits too big for mice! more pissed off about loosing the newer one as i raised that from a egg Sad

sorry to hear that matt,as for rats just get a couple big rat traps i use peanut butter on them,we got infested with them when the farm here shut down but were on top of the problem now,theres foxs around us but never had any in the garden.you want to get Dave out with his shooters Laughing

yeah, gunna have to get some traps sorted out to get rid of the buggers. As for the fox, GRRR lol

@fr499y wrote:
yeah, gunna have to get some traps sorted out to get rid of the buggers. As for the fox, GRRR lol

mate had a fox problem he had chickens, pigs, and geese. geese would go mad but he came back all the time.

so he got a sensor like the light ones wirse up to a cannon thing that shoots blanks. went BANG!!! fgox didnt come back, dont thig the neigbours slept well that week fofl

we had a rat dig its way into the greenhouse after some blood fish and bone powder i reckon so i got a rat trap but the lucky bugger triggered it but didnt get caught so i welded some sharp teeth on the trap it hasnt been back yet though

sorry to read this matt,sounds like foxes if you couldnt find the others Sad

yeah just one chicken not found, wouldn't of been much meat on the little bugger though. looks like we wont be having any more chickens any time soon though, shame really as you do get attached to them!

we had a rat dig its way into the greenhouse after some blood fish and bone powder i reckon so i got a rat trap but the lucky bugger triggered it but didnt get caught so i welded some sharp teeth on the trap it hasnt been back yet though

bloody hell stan that things lethal ShockedShocked

@fr499y wrote:
Woke up this morning to find 2 chickens without heads in the garden! pretty pissed off as one i raised from a egg not long back Sad spent a bit looking for the other 3 but only found one more hiding under the trees. Bastard foxes really annoy me at times!!! Was hoping to find the other 3 in other gardens alive and kicking but doesn't look like i will Sad

Sorry to hear that mate. This the side the "anti-hunting" won't accept. Foxes are a nuisance and need controlling. Did you see the article about the guy who shot one earlier in the week?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-17259087

How big affraidaffraidaffraid