Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RichardH

helmet cams

I'm sure this has been done before but I cant find it.
I'm toying with getting a video camera for the bike( maybe not a helmet on but might be dual perpose)
Any links or recommends please. Thanks peeps thumbs

Looking for one under £50

yeah looks like a good buy,not sure how much memory cards cost though thumbs

seems a fair enough price,not sure how good it will be sure someone else will recommend something thumbs

@lee wrote:
seems a fair enough price,not sure how good it will be sure someone else will recommend something thumbs

CONFUCIUS SAY-- YOU GET WOT YOU PAY FOR--- BUY CHEAP---BUY TWICE.. Shocked
WHY DON'T YOU TAKE A LOOK ON A SPORT-CAM FORUM,AND ASK A FEW QUESTIONS...

THE 'EL-CHEAPO' ONES HAVE DISTINCT LIMITATIONS.

well, I'm not looking to become the next speilberg, just wanted to get some footage of my biking but must admit I would like to able to watch it, so it has to be reasonable quality, what sort of megapixles etc would i need?

OK for the money Dave but I think I want a bit better quality pic, Oh and is your head on a spring??

ITCHY wrote:
OK for the money Dave but I think I want a bit better quality pic, Oh and is your head on a spring??
i was doing over 30mph Wink

I have an Actioncam ATC2K only used it once tho' attached to a crash bung perhaps not the best place to mount it, too near the engine.

Test PT1

Test PT2

http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=777_1&products_id=110950

They done a cheaper one that i have ( virtually the same as the Ebay one but better lens ) for £15 trying to find it now

Theres this one that could be fashioned somewhere

http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=777_1&products_id=109557

The other option is slap your camera on ya bike using a RAM mount ( gotta say, interesting with a DSLR camera mounted to your bars, but bloody good quality hehe )

I wanna get one of these cameras but want a good one I can use in the car and on a bike when I get another one, im seriously pissed off with people who don't look where they are going so any suggestions on a good one please that can be utilized for a bike and a car thumbs

I wanna get one of these cameras but want a good one I can use in the car and on a bike when I get another one, im seriously pissed off with people who don't look where they are going so any suggestions on a good one please that can be utilized for a bike and a car thumbs

The one i got from 7dayshop a while back has a car mount, bar mount and helmet mount in the box, cost me £15 with a 8GB card =/ no batteries, just charge with usb

@fr499y wrote:

The one i got from 7dayshop a while back has a car mount, bar mount and helmet mount in the box, cost me £15 with a 8GB card =/ no batteries, just charge with usb

Cheers mate for that I'll ave a look just so pissed with things at the mo head bang

very nice that go pro . see if the wife will get me one for my birthday

@dirtydog wrote:
all my videos are shot on 1 of these but the helmet attachment is NO good for a motorcycle helmet so have mine mounted on the handlebars

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Oregon-Scientific-ATC2000-ATC2K-HELMET-CAM-2GB-inUK-/330583006486?pt=UK_AudioTVElectronics_Video_Camcorders&hash=item4cf8485d16#ht_2823wt_1139

see my videos for quality thumbs

Oops I seem to have clicked on the one with the missis hide

I've got a tiny Veho Muvi thing, it works OK(ish) but doesn't like going into sunlight and the picture "waves" a bit at speed.

An OK intro, but it just makes me want to get a proper one, which would be either a go-pro or more probably a dogsport Mini HD one: http://www.dogcamsport.co.uk/minidvr-hd-bullet-camera.html but for now I can think of better things to spend £250 on....