Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dirtydog

new bike

evening folks just a quick post to let you know i should be getting my "first offical" big bike in the next few days all being well a mate of a mate is selling his kawasaki zxr750 im going to see it on saturday (yes i will get some pics) im lead to belive he has kept it tidy but 18 months ago the radiator went so seeing that he had another bike to use he just parked it in the garage and never touched it until now the plan is to get it home asap and to do the nesecairy work whilst getting my test passed thumbs

not the actual bike but here are the stats lol http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/model/kawasaki/kawasaki_zxr750h%2089.htm

thanks guys will tweet a pic straight away to the forum @rossross82 and post pics to this a bit later on sat

(NOT SURE IF THE LINK WILL WORK OR NOT)
right fellas ive been to see my new toy and fook me its tidy...long story short the guy im buying from purchased this whip from a member of the armed forces and between hin and a few mates stripped the machine down and gave it some luuuurve also had it dyno jetted along with some other minor mods its claimed its good for over 170mph....sorry for the poor picture quality but some fool had parked right up to the garage door so couldnt get out
https://twitter.com/#!/rossross82/status/178579195235020801/photo/1

Buying a Kawasaki is always a Good Thing in my book thumbs but did you say the rad needed replacing? If so do your homework as they are often difficult to find on older bikes and they don't come cheap either. Otherwise, enjoy, dude! Very Happy

Buying a Kawasaki is always a Good Thing in my book thumbs but did you say the rad needed replacing? If so do your homework as they are often difficult to find on older bikes and they don't come cheap either. Otherwise, enjoy, dude! Very Happy

the seller said its the rad but im not so sure he is a right stoner lol whilst looking round the bike i noticed there was NO cooling fan so until i get it home im not saying no more Wink
already spotted 2 rads on ebay for about £60ish

@dirtydog wrote:
(NOT SURE IF THE LINK WILL WORK OR NOT)
right fellas ive been to see my new toy and fook me its tidy...long story short the guy im buying from purchased this whip from a member of the armed forces and between hin and a few mates stripped the machine down and gave it some luuuurve also had it dyno jetted along with some other minor mods its claimed its good for over 170mph....sorry for the poor picture quality but some fool had parked right up to the garage door so couldnt get out
https://twitter.com/#!/rossross82/status/178579195235020801/photo/1
Nice one Dog thumbs

Looks nice and clean thumbsthumbs

there are 1 or 2 age related scuffs but nothing to bad will get some better pics as soon as its home which is probably be next weekend by the time ive sorted a van/trailer

@dirtydog wrote:
Looks nice and clean thumbsthumbs

there are 1 or 2 age related scuffs but nothing to bad will get some better pics as soon as its home which is probably be next weekend by the time ive sorted a van/trailer
Very Happythumbs

got some transport sorted my neighbour who just happens to be a biker (zx10r) has a work vehicle with a tail lift so no having to hump the beast about lol its all aranged for this coming thursday night GOOOOOOOODDDDD TIMES Smile

yet another brief update got the bikle home put a fresh battery on her half a dozen turns of the engine and vroom vroom she was away party needs a bloody good service to be honest and some fresh fuel and im sure it will sail through an mot but we will see...was gonna post some pics but ive already got the panels fairing and seat off so not looking great at the mo

Look forward to seeing her finished and put back together thumbsthumbs

been meaning to add this comment just to say we filled the rad up and ran her for 15 mins and suprisingly no leaks......not sure what the stoner i bought it off was on about but only seems like the fact the fan is missing that its getting to hot...need to get some normal/origanal clocks for her as the ones that are on do not seem to read right temp oil pressure etc