Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gsf1200

plug socket

hi guys,someone on here said that the plug spanner/socket i required for my mk1 1200 bandit was 16ml across the flats £3/4 at your car acc shop,im now on my 3rd order and the guy has got that pissed that he has taken a plug of me.that actually measures 16.81 mm,im getting pised off,he says what i need it a 10mm plug socket,i just know this wont fit,HAS ANY ONE ANY IDEA WHAT SOCKET I CAN BUY,TO TAKE THE PLUGS OUT OFF A MK1 1200 BANDIT??3/8 DRIVE 1/2 DRIVE I DONT BLEEDING CARE ANYMORE SadSadSadSad COME ON GUYS HEEEEEELLLLLLPPPPPPPPPP??????????? SadSadSadSadSadSadSadSad

My plugs in my mk1 1200 bandit are 18ml size thumbs if i were you i'd pop down to a garage and ask someone to pop the plugs out, if you lived closer i'd do it for ya, another option is buy ya new plugs and take em to a tool shop and stick a socket over the top and hey presto theres the size you need thumbs

The standard plug for my B12 k5 is a NGK JR9B
which measures 12mm across the flats, the bike tool kit is a 12mm socket spanner BUT the 1/2 inch drive socket I bought which fits the plug is 18mm but it won,t fit down the plug hole as its to thick head bang , so I got a 1/2 inch small extension bar welded inside a spare toolkit type socket which works fine . All this rambling is just to say if you buy a proper plug socket make sure it actually fits down the plug hole even if it fits the plug cos mine didn't Embarassed

which measures 12mm across the flats, the bike tool kit is a 12mm socket spanner BUT the 1/2 inch drive socket I bought which fits the plug is 18mm but it won,t fit down the plug hole as its to thick head bang , so I got a 1/2 inch small extension bar welded inside a spare toolkit type socket which works fine . All this rambling is just to say if you buy a proper plug socket make sure it actually fits down the plug hole even if it fits the plug cos mine didn't Embarassed

All I done with mine was just grinded some off with the bench grinder till it fitted down the hole, job done hey presto thumbs

Right enough mate. Probably better going to someone like Robinson's Foundry who would supply a "proper" Suzuki one. Smile

He is saying the thread size diameter is 10mm which is 16mm across flats.

The 12mm thread is 18mm across flats.

Both socket sizes are available with 3/8 drive.

Its me that screwed up I grabbed a 600 plug to measure which is 10mm thread, 16mm socket. Sorry.

thumbs thanx guys ive actually sorted the part myself,its a HONDA GENUINE PART AND IT WORKS.plugs changed running like a deisel.unless on full throttle,will rev to 12000.with flames,but just wont tick over??any help EXEPT CHAD Sad i know im only a mear woman but i need advice not wot i had got might av????)any help appreciated.sue

pleased your sorted sue but sorry to hear shes running crap Sad us blokes need advice as well Laughing afraid i cant help but im sure someone on here can,just dont ask chad Laughingthumbs

Oh thanx Lmao. I got confused, mine were 16mm. Sorry

And may sound sill but are the leads pushed on all the way, mate did this to his bandit 1200 say symptons.

Also are all the exhaust downs getting warm if not means whatever ones cold that cylinders not fireing, could be the lead there or even a duff plug had a new ngk on my sv for 2 weeks started it twice and it died. Does happen Smile

@gsf1200 wrote:
thumbs thanx guys ive actually sorted the part myself,its a HONDA GENUINE PART AND IT WORKS.plugs changed running like a deisel.unless on full throttle,will rev to 12000.with flames,but just wont tick over??any help EXEPT CHAD Sad i know im only a mear woman but i need advice not wot i had got might av????)any help appreciated.sue

Sounds like the 1 or 2 of the pilot jets may be blocked.Might be worth getting the carbs cleaned out

chad THANX thumbsthumbsthumbs ur great u ar my hero,NoT,can any one with a bit of history of the 1200 bandit help??exept LORD CHAD???? Sad

@gsf1200 wrote:
chad THANX thumbsthumbsthumbs ur great u ar my hero,NoT,can any one with a bit of history of the 1200 bandit help??exept LORD CHAD???? Sad
Chads only trying to help ya, im like yourself i know nowt on the mechanics of engines hence why mine goes to a mechanic aka Day101 Very Happy folk only post to try and help, its up to you whether you take the advice or leave it thumbs

Info required.

Was it running ok before you changed plugs?

If not list previous symptoms.

try one shot redex in your tank it will clean your carbs out, and put some premium fuel in there as well thumbs