Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Iano

Timid or what?

Muddled thoughts - this (self inflicted fuel shortage - seeing that there isn't actually a strike as yet) makes me think twice about riding as there's a chance of not being able to get more petrol which in turn makes me realise what a privilage it is to have that bike outside ready to hop on any time. Only now this freedom is threatened that there is a slight feeling of being trapped by circumatances.

The old addage 'Don't appreciate it until it's gone' comes to mind, hopefully just a temporary hiccup.

I have a funny feeling there doing it on purpose.. something to do with the Olympics maybe? as they seem to jabber on about Olympics and lowering carbon footprint, as well as lowering the amount of traffic when the Olympics is on.. either that or there useless tw*ts that have nothing better to do than screw up our day to day lives Rolling Eyes

aye useless ***** who don,t give a shit about us have you ever seen a politician putting fuel in a car and paying for it.

I dont get the more money for gov bit(no I'm not a fan), the problem is people with half a tank filling up, so now they have a full tank, they wont need anymore till May.

ITCHY wrote:
I dont get the more money for gov bit(no I'm not a fan), the problem is people with half a tank filling up, so now they have a full tank, they wont need anymore till May.

fuel tax rich angry

@dick65 wrote:
ITCHY wrote:

fuel tax rich angry

Yes and interestingly enough this whole thing has kicked off in the last week of the financial/tax year. A nice top up for this quarter's VAT & Revenue coffers Suspect

yeh but you only pay tax on what you buy and you only use what you use, so those that are panic buying wont buy for a while and will still use the same amount

Of course, but the tax is now paid and handily all in the 11-12 tax year. It'll help pay the teachers & nurses. Smile

thanks to all of this shit, the cheapest i have seen fuel for around here is £1.46 and £1.48 for diesel?

Max prices from today have been

150.9p for petrol and 164.9p for diesel!!! bloody rip off!!