Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chadatious

number plate dilema

some of you may know i have a mini plate, well i want to take my baffle out as bike actually ran nicer, and sounded nice. but i dont want an illegal plate and no baffle, one or the other just to stay safe and not very illegal.

i have a small show plate, whats not tiny but the writting is.

i also have a standard 9x7.5 intch plate, that looks massive!

however looked online for legal plates and found a 7x6.5" plate but it says its legal, think its because the writting is still legal size unlike mt current so would it be legal to use one of these?

the only way to really be safe is go fully legal and get a bike garage to make you a plate, showrooms normally do them and some halfords do

Police would likely notice your plate before anything else, usually they don't care about loud pipes

It depends on how the cops are where you live. Where I live in Cheshire, and commute to Derbyshire. The cops are pretty bad around here. I had my plate measured three times last year.

Most of the lads I know were fined last year for small plates.

So I had a legit plate (9x7) made with a blue GB sticker on the side. so the yellow part looks smaller than standard but totally legal thumbs

Not really a dilema is it chad its simples

break the law and get caught pay your dues simples,as stupid as some of these laws are

as I said before ive got a small plate,if I get fined its my fault nobody elses thumbs

i had a small plate on the bandit and never had a problem,ive got a standard plate on the Ace as i cant be bothered changing it youre choice m8 thumbs

i got pulled last year and he let me of as i had stock plate under my seat if i had not £60 fine so i said sod it and now have stock on all my bikes , if you can give £60 away then go for it Very HappyVery Happy

got a smaller one on the bandit, doubt a smaller one on the busa would make a difference to its fat arse.

My writtings half the size thou. Been told bout smaller plates with legal size writting. May have to look into them

@Stue11 wrote:
with lee Chad it is simples son

X2
7X5 on mine and not had any trouble, got done for a letter bx plate i had on though, cops dont like them... o no..
heres mine, a good comprimise, and like Lee said, if you get caught just take it on the chin.

Yep, got a 7x5 on my Triumph, had the same on nearly all my bikes and never had a pull yet (Kiss of death!)

@jezza wrote:
got a smaller one on the bandit, doubt a smaller one on the busa would make a difference to its fat arse.

one of the reasons for leaving mine standard as well foflfofl