Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
streetfighter

can this be welded

Been offered this R1 on a 51 plate 1 owner from new been in a crash not a bad one the but fairing all twated can be repaired. Have a look at the pics bottom part of engine cracked and where it hit something ??? just wondering if it can be welded

not promicing but i reckon you could,

i had a smashed sump was like a 4 intch hole in bottom of a motocross bike, they weleded it, put a new sump plug, and welded the cracks up.

do you want me to take a picture to my uncle a welder by trade see what he says?

can't see why not so long as all the bits inside are ok . also you may need to stip the block as it will get hot and what is under that part of the block . ?????

@Stue11 wrote:
Not sure on that Micky, how much they asking thumbs

£1500 stue but I think I can get it a little cheaper as he wants another R1 he uses it when it's dry, and always keeps the oil topped up, and serviced he is one of the technicians at work thumbs

not promicing but i reckon you could,

i had a smashed sump was like a 4 intch hole in bottom of a motocross bike, they weleded it, put a new sump plug, and welded the cracks up.

do you want me to take a picture to my uncle a welder by trade see what he says?

Please chad if you could thumbs

It's possible but you may struggle to find someone to attempt it. When I needed a tiny weld doing on an engine the only form I found willing to give it a go wanted the entire engine stripped in order to heat up the component before welding.

Not really worried about the fairing as I would fighter it polish the frame and do bits and pieces to it thumbs

@Stue11 wrote:
Not sure on that Micky, how much they asking thumbs

£1500 stue but I think I can get it a little cheaper as he wants another R1 he uses it when it's dry, and always keeps the oil topped up, and serviced he is one of the technicians at work thumbs
Fingers crossed for ya mate Very Happythumbs

So do you think it's worth the money 1500 qiud, only I wouldn't want to waste any money, the engine sounds sweet ticks over nice everything straight and as I said always serviced, gonna see if I can ave a ride tomorrow or 1 day next week

ill try to get down to him. if not ill get his email and send him the pics

Cheers chad do you want me to email them to ya or will ya just do it off this post thumbs

To be honest micky if I had £1500 for a bike I would look for something else

if that fix was just a simple weld job then the guy would have it done,the problem with alloy is it breaks up very easy

and the damage can not always be seen from the out side of the block hope this helps thumbs

@lee wrote:

if that fix was just a simple weld job then the guy would have it done,the problem with alloy is it breaks up very easy

and the damage can not always be seen from the out side of the block hope this helps thumbs

Cheers Lee spoken like a true doctor lol! thank mate
thumbs

@lee wrote:

thumbs
no worrys mate,Im not saying it cant be done just wouldnt want to see anyone waste there money thumbs

@lee wrote:

thumbs

if you want to fihter something mate try the zx9r, can get older shape for that, insurance is half the price, and they fight very well. if not got ace etc. or even an old blade, ive looked at them they fighter very well. mutly blade on sf magazine has showed that,

@lee wrote:

@lee wrote:

thumbs
no worrys mate,Im not saying it cant be done just wouldnt want to see anyone waste there money thumbs

Thanks Lee, I am still saving but this came up and because he services it and is an Audi technician it just got me thinking thats all, you know how it is when the cogs in the brain start to work overtime thumbs

@lee wrote:

@lee wrote:

thumbs

Thanks Lee, I am still saving but this came up and because he services it and is an Audi technician it just got me thinking thats all, you know how it is when the cogs in the brain start to work overtime thumbs

just let me know if you want me to ask my mate, hes only a call away. for example bit small for you but ash paid £450 for his fzr400. jordans bandit 600, lovely bike very clean £850 had 19k on it, my bandit was £925, and had enuine 3500 on clock, and very cheap fixes. he had a vfr750 for £650, and needed new new lock set

id give it a wide berth mickey,plenty more bikes out there m8 thumbsthumbs

i can weld ally mick but i wouldnt attempt this one mate as it would need to be stripped off the bike ;plenty more fish in the sea mate thumbs

Yes, it's do-able but will need stripping for a proper job. For that kind of money walk away mate, lots easier and cheaper to buy a straight one - 51 plates can be had for around 2 grand often enough and if you're going to fighter it you get to recoup some dollar on the plastics - will probably end up cheaper than buying the one you have been offered, with lots less hassle.

just noticed the number plate it might be worth something as it is sexy thumbs

SXY! better than the plate i've been stuck with. FAP Rolling Eyes

One of the others see me taking pics of it and asked me if I was going to buy it, told him I was going to think about it, he said don't buy it because he keeps on throwing it down the road rides it like a nutter, he came out of work tonight and done a wheelie up the road doing about 40, the bloke said to me he rides like that all the time so thanks for all your input and I am deffo not going to ave it thumbs

One of the others see me taking pics of it and asked me if I was going to buy it, told him I was going to think about it, he said don't buy it because he keeps on throwing it down the road rides it like a nutter, he came out of work tonight and done a wheelie up the road doing about 40, the bloke said to me he rides like that all the time so thanks for all your input and I am deffo not going to ave it thumbs
Very Happythumbs plenty more out there mate keep saving thumbsthumbs

@Stue11 wrote:
Very Happythumbs plenty more out there mate keep saving thumbsthumbs

It's good that some people look out for ya, he said it's always been ridden hard so pleased, but most of all you lot give me all the info really about the welding on the engine so thanks thumbs

deffo the right decision micky,take yer time and find a good un m8 thumbsthumbs

@dick65 wrote:
deffo the right decision micky,take yer time and find a good un m8 thumbsthumbs
agree