Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
streetfighter

paint stripper

Stripped the paint off me sons scooter bars today, this is good stuff, got it from B&Q thumbs

Only left it on a little while bubbled up straight away thumbs

Take it was an old tin you had laying around micky,most paint strippers dont have that effect anymore SadSad

you repainting the bars for him

@lee wrote:
Take it was an old tin you had laying around micky,most paint strippers dont have that effect anymore SadSad

Yeh it was in the shed lee, he wants me to polish them up was gonna pm ya to see if they can be done, I've got a little grinder with asmall 6 or 7 inch buffing pad, was gonna give it a try tomorrow with some autosol, then was gonna lacquer them so they dont rust.

@lee wrote:

Yeh it was in the shed lee, he wants me to polish them up was gonna pm ya to see if they can be done, I've got a little grinder with asmall 6 or 7 inch buffing pad, was gonna give it a try tomorrow with some autosol, then was gonna lacquer them so they dont rust.
if there alloy mate they will polish up no probs at all,wouldnt bother with the lacquer though it doesnt stick to polished alloy thumbsthumbs

@lee wrote:
@lee wrote:

if there alloy mate they will polish up no probs at all,wouldnt bother with the lacquer though it doesnt stick to polished alloy thumbsthumbs

Lee they are metal ones, after I stripped them I washed them down with water then sanded them so he could go out to the skate park, so it was a quicky really but all the paint is off though. thumbs

alloy and stainless are the 2 most common metals to polish

if there just steel you could still polish them and then have them clear powder coated
but it doesnt last long

so Im affraid they need repainting or powder coating thumbsthumbs

I'll ask him what he wants to do coz he wanted them stripped, just a question Lee if he wants them just lacquered would that work thumbs

Yes the new stripper is no good

but this works for me Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy

Cheers Stue just waiting for jonjoe to come in to see what he wants now, an for Lee to let me know if they can be raw and just lacquered thumbs

Cheers Stue just waiting for jonjoe to come in to see what he wants now, an for Lee to let me know if they can be raw and just lacquered thumbs
should imagine they will just lacquer as they are,as there is a key for the lacquer to stick to,but dont polish them thumbsthumbs

@dick65 wrote:
@madsod wrote:
Yes the new stripper is no good

but this works for me Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy

and me Very HappyLaughingLaughingthumbs

I left her in the shed coz the Mrs wouldn't let me have her in the garden helping me lol!

Jonjoe wants me to do the deck and forks now, so paint stripper out again, and coz they are alloy he he wants them polished. Here's some pics to start with thumbs

Forks need flattening some more to get the scratches out then polishing and buffing up thumbs

Deck still needs stripping and the bars have been lacquered coz they are metal thumbs

Just thought id share what I've done so far for me boy jonjoe thumbs

Impressive. I'll send the forks, rearsets, footpeg hangers and swing arm over straight away. Could you have them done for next week? Shockedfoflfofl

Good work!! Not sure I would have the patience to do that so credit to you thumbs

Obviously we need piccies of the completed scooter thumbs

Well I've polished the forks scooter deck and the brake, as you can see im filthy but it's for me boy, also thanx to Lee for the info on what to do and the link where to get the stuff from, thumbs

[img][/img]

Once again thanx Lee thumbs me boy is well pleased with the out come thumbs

Nice one micky,looks like ya been down pit LaughingLaughingthumbsthumbs

@lee wrote:
Nice one micky,looks like ya been down pit LaughingLaughingthumbsthumbs

They was all calling me a miner Laughing. Thanx for the info Lee boy is well pleased got to do his wheels now, not today he's going Corby with he's mate's one of the dads are taking 4 of them, he is up now putting it together. Jonjoe is taking his video cam so I'll get some stuff put up so ya can show ya lad thumbs

Little sod has put griptape on the deck from the front to the back Shocked all that polishing. Well you no how it is Kids