Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Iano

MZ's anybody?

young 'uns won't know MZ's too well but they were once quite common budget East German imports, phenomenal engineering feat to marry two 250 two stroke singles to make a twin.

And dont foget the jawa with sidecar also the old CZ

if you are interested in mz's this video from lydden park (mz racing) is quite amusing Smile

Those TSs were of an era when you could fix them at the roadside with a screwdriver and an oily rag thumbs

The MZ race club do a 'try before you buy' thing where you can rock up at a race weekend (having booked first), do some theory, get your ACU race licence and then borrow one of their race bikes for a couple of races in the meeting. Brilliant idea thumbs

The last MZ I had was one of these:

Although, to be fair, I think the only thing that was actually made by MZ was the badges, exhaust and the seat - Yamaha XT660 engine, WP suspension, Grimeca brakes, Behr rims, KTM clocks and Acerbis tank and plastics Shocked

Great fun at legal speeds thumbs The same engine was put into the MZ Skorpion Tour, which I quite fancy as a pootle bike.

My mate had one cant remember the model,can remember it was an ugly looking thing though LaughingLaughing

Ewww that 1000cc MZ is a bit, erm, odd isn't it scratch I like it from the front, then you notice the weedy looking forks and the drive chain on the right hand side. And during the drive-by it sounds like a GPz500 with out of spec valve clearances twist

I used to race MZs back in the early 90s, did it for 3 years, great fun and relatively cheap... racing , would post some pics but havent got an idea how to Sad

shaun

My 1st bike at 16 was an MZ Simpson 50.£240 otr lol in 1980.Had a Baghira 660 sm for a week.Was ok