Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Iano

Worcester

meeting a biker friend there (as it's about half way between our homes) on Friday but the internet isn't shownig much of interest, main motorcycle dealer is Skellerns (Yamaha) - looking for a good place to eat and anything else if anybody knows the town.

@Stue11 wrote:
Im of to worcester 2mw thumbs

if you stop let me know what you think of the place won't you - hope the weather is good.

@Iano wrote:
@Stue11 wrote:
Im of to worcester 2mw thumbs

if you stop let me know what you think of the place won't you - hope the weather is good.
I certainly will do thumbs

If memory serves, what I recall of Worcester is the left handed shop there used to be there. Very, erm, handy. At least if you're cursed with the old sinister as I am. Laughing

just to say City of Worcester was good today

- got there early, while waiting for my friend went in a cafe, some female teachers in there (usual good, bad and ugly combination) discussing the emerging middle classes in China - bit much at 10.00 am.

Where I work, Aylesbury, half the shops have closed down, not so Worcester. Fab ride, now I've got that far the next step is Wales.

@Iano wrote:
just to say City of Worcester was good today

- got there early, while waiting for my friend went in a cafe, some female teachers in there (usual good, bad and ugly combination) discussing the emerging middle classes in China - bit much at 10.00 am.

Where I work, Aylesbury, half the shops have closed down, not so Worcester. Fab ride, now I've got that far the next step is Wales.

Remember when in Wales that the sheep with crosses are the ones that kick!! hidelol!

Worcester was the scene of the end of the English Civil War,

Charles finally defeated there in 1651,

Parliamentarians captured a fortification the Royalists built on high ground just outside the city to defend the town

Parliamentarians then turned the Royalists' own cannon on the town,

game over.

Charles's army was mostly Scots, survivors deported to America.