Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Davehutch-hutchs

Insurance (now with letter)

I have had bike insurance without a break for at least 15 years, but since 2008 I have been with carol Nash on a multi bike/rider policy , my Insurance is coming up in August and because I have now only one bike will be looking at other insurers, so just rang carol Nash to ask if the could send me proof of how many years no claims , they said they dont honer them on a rider policy ,but if a new insurer was to ring them they would tell them that I have had no claims in the last 4 years affraidconfusedhead bang

What do you think to that ??

I think thats disgusting. Bet its done so you will keep with them because of all the hassle as most companies wont ring C N

Hang on till they send you the renewal form it may be on there ?

They told my wife the same and when it came they had put 4year and not the 7 that she had.

I will not use carol nash as not been told good stuff about them. But i think there all the same if they can get out of paying out they will.

Have a good look around you will find a good one

just rang another number for carol nash ,and spoke to some else who said that was right ,but however they will send me a letter saying that I have not made a claim while i have been with them thumbs wish i could remember who i was with before them scratch

Not very good that glad you rang again , and got some one on your side thumbs

There taking the piss dave dont ya just love insurance companys fightingfightingfighting

they have to be the most devious thieving brokers on the market and im not going to use them again either they even took more money from my card than wed agreed on censored

i think your no claims stop after a few years,i could be wrong,hope you sort it Dave thumbs

@Davehutch wrote:
@dick65 wrote:
i think your no claims stop after a few years,i could be wrong,hope you sort it Dave thumbs
not with you dick scratch

i heard you only get so many years no claims then they stop,dont quote me though.

@dick65 wrote:
@Davehutch wrote:
@dick65 wrote:
not with you dick scratch

i heard you only get so many years no claims then they stop,dont quote me though.
think your right once you have over 5 or so it dont make any difference, just hope the letter will do has proof confused

That's typical robbing Carole Nash. I was with them for years, each year the premiums increasing faster than inflation whilst my no claims rose to the maximum (5 years). Then I at last searched the internet - got several quotes for less than half what they wanted - and that was with the same underwriters. Then I posed as a NEW customer and Carole Nash quoted nearly half my "loyal, been with them for years" renewal quotation. They will never have my business again thumb down

Advice - shop round every year computer

Old and Disgraceful bike2

@ptolemyx wrote:
That's typical robbing Carole Nash. I was with them for years, each year the premiums increasing faster than inflation whilst my no claims rose to the maximum (5 years). Then I at last searched the internet - got several quotes for less than half what they wanted - and that was with the same underwriters. Then I posed as a NEW customer and Carole Nash quoted nearly half my "loyal, been with them for years" renewal quotation. They will never have my business again thumb down

Advice - shop round every year computer

Old and Disgraceful bike2
I do normally but not many do multi bike policys , saved £150 on my work van this year with shopping around ,

@dick65 wrote:
the trouble is now ,1/ its not worth looking till nearer the time 13th august, because they say it to long a time 3 weeks away i have been told,
2/ need this letter they are sending,
3/ these sites on the net will want to know how many no claims, and no room to say I haven't but i have not claimed for 15 years and have a letter to say i haven't for the last 4

what a hassle m8 head bang they dont make it easy scratch

ive just took out a two bike policy with carole nash last week;switched policies cancelled bandit and put bandit and busa on one policy they charged me £401 extra on top of what i paid for bandit 2 months ago but i wonder if ive got a cooling down period Twisted Evil plus the first bloke i spoke to couldnt speak english

ive just took out a two bike policy with carole nash last week;switched policies cancelled bandit and put bandit and busa on one policy they charged me £401 extra on top of what i paid for bandit 2 months ago but i wonder if ive got a cooling down period Twisted Evil plus the first bloke i spoke to couldnt speak english
I should look into it stan , or you will be in the same boat as me Sad

i see what you mean dave i could lose me no claims studyangry anyway i havent received the paperwork yet so i could maybe wriggle out of their thieving arms and go somewhere else failing that theres always the ombudsman surely some body must police them

i see what you mean dave i could lose me no claims studyangry anyway i havent received the paperwork yet so i could maybe wriggle out of their thieving arms and go somewhere else failing that theres always the ombudsman surely some body must police them
check the small print study I didnt Embarassed in the small print it says "(no claims bonus) does not apply to this insurance "

@Davehutch wrote:
so do you think tis will do and give me 4 years no cailms ???

At one point wasn't it up to the insurance company to get off there ass and check to see if your no claims is true or not? Cause they don't do anything but push buttons and charge a fortune!

That letter should do Dave - I had similar when I left a multibike policy with CN [1] and the new insurer did actually ring them whilst I was on the other line, CN confirmed it and new insurer was happy enough with that.

For what it's worth, Lots of people (me included) feel that Carole Nash has gone downhill fast, in terms of pricing and customer service, since it was sold out to Groupama in 2007. They used to have an excellent rep for looking after existing customers, but I'm afraid that nowadays it's simply a case of whoever gives you the best price for the cover you want at renewal time gets your cash - but just for a year.

[1] Their renewal price was about £80 dearer than insuring each bike separately elsewhere - even with the NCB only applicable to 1 bike.

@Davehutch wrote:

Just used the Bike insurer site and the come up with £236 and thats with motor cycle direct scratch

@Davehutch wrote:
@Davehutch wrote:

Just used the Bike insurer site and the come up with £236 and thats with motor cycle direct scratch
Ok so these 2 you can only do on the net ,and there is no place to tell them about my no claims thing , so i have just rang motorcycle direct , and they say they will do me 4 years no claims protected if i send them the letter, and next year i will have on paper 5 years no claims, they have done 2 quotes one with breakdown cover one with out ,both with legal cover , £347 and £293
they said they caint match the price of the net ones , but then am i covered for what i want if anything happens ? scratch

I do might on line with Tesco , get lots of quotes in mins thumbs

seems pricey that Dave scratch might be worth giving swintons a bell m8 thumbs

Done it gone with motorcycle direct £346.89 fully comp , breakdown cover, legal protection, 4 years no claims protected, ride any bike 3rd party, pillion cover , up to 7,000 miles a year

Thats not too bad for a man of your vintage Dave Very Happy