Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ghostrider13

car insurance

i know i know its a bike forum but had to let you know my daughter passed her driving test start of the week so went to the people ive got my moped and 4x4 insured with they quoted my £10.000 for an old fiesta that i paid £300 for. ive done lots of checking on the meerkat and compare sites and managed to get it down to £2.200 just seems hard on young drivers she needs car to get a job and needs a job to insure the car head bang

Congrats to her for passing thumbs Yeah the insurance for young 'uns is a joke - both of mine paid over a grand 4 or 5 years ago on an old 950cc AX.

On the bright side, it would be lots dearer for your lass if she was a lad!

Well done on her passing thumbs , my daughter passed over a year ago and £3500 as a named driver on my wife's 12 year old Pug. 206 (we never bothered) so yesterday I relented and we went to Hein Gericke's. New helmet, trousers and jacket. Booking her in for her CBT and then thinking of a Honda XR125 (believe me took a lot of personal thinking about but she needs cheap transport and I can't be a hypocrite).

Congrats on her passing the test mate thumbs Can sympathise. Like Macie previously, both of mine paid over a grand for their first year. I know the nephew had a 1.1 Fiesta, a Mark 1, and had to pay over £2k for his first year! To change to a Crosa mid way through the year they wanted an ADDITIONAL £2,300 affraidaffraidaffraid

Where are kids supposed to get that sort of money scratchconfusedscratchconfused

Dont know how they get away with charging so much

dont think they should stereotype young drivers as been bad behind the wheel

hate to think what it will be like in another five years when my lads old enough to drive

congrats on her passing thumbs

congrats on her passing thumbs my 18 year old daughter was charged a grand for her first year censored

I find it so hard for the kids today , it so far out from what we payed ,