Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chadatious

sv650 drinking oil

okay i serviced my sv650 just over 2k miles ago, i did the oil to the middle, it sucked some around was near low but in the window, ive just put 500ml in and its not just above the l on the window again?

is it know for v twins to use some oil, as i know the tripples do, or could there be something wrong,

it runs fine, no smoke, but does run a bit rich but thats mainly the 33bhp restrictors

cheers
chad

Half a litre over 2000 miles is about what laddos 2nd SV used - but it had done 35,000 miles. His first one (15,000 miles) only used oil if he put fully synthetic in.

Have a mooch around the org, there's probably a wealth of info on oil consumption there mate.

high millage sv's do tend to use a bit of oil. oh and dont do wheelies on the sv! oil starvation and the engine will go pop Smile

most Suzuki drink a bit of oil bike need to be upright not on any stands , I make sure i check it in the same place ever time , Im sure you do this but some don.t ,and think it can be done on side stand paddock stand etc . had a few on the RF forum , who done this ,

no i know that mate, im holding the bike up straight at the flat bit of my garden, ive toped it up now its on a nice level but i couldnt believe 500ml, when the bandit touched nothing, saying that the bandit had 3500 miles when i got it and sold it with 10900

Chad

It is expected to see some smoke if its using that amount. Look at start-up.

Also if its running very rich as you say it might be washing oil from the cylinder walls in continued but small amounts thus not seeing blue smoke.

there is no smoke what so ever, when cold pops a lot due to running rich, when needs a balance but its been worse since the 33bhp kitm, but 1 month and their out so ill balance the carbs etc then thumbs