Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fr499y

Insurance, what a piss take

Just getting some quotes for my bike insurance. For the zed alone only 3 companies want to insure me and they range from £1,100 up to £1,500!!!! All because there classing shit like "crash bungs, engine cases and radiator covers" as a god damn performance mod!!! No wonder so many people drive/ride without insurance or don't tell them the truth about there mods!

looks like i got it down a bit! For one bike im looking at £228.70 ( just the zed ) but the second i add the CBR or the thunderace on the list it goes up to over £1,000!!! there excuse is *its your age and the fact you have a powerful bike* Always a excuse isn't there!

AGE does help got my 3 for £301 this year , 2 900 RF and the GSXR 1000

@madsod wrote:
AGE does help got my 3 for £301 this year , 2 900 RF and the GSXR 1000

Last year, same bikes, £500.. Hopefully can get it down to around £700 but even so that's a rip off when my first big bike ( bandit ) 5 years ago i paid £250 to insure it with no ncb. Don't think they realise, the more they charge the more non insured drivers there will be and the more the prices will go up.

Cost me £271 for the ZX12 this year, that's only 3rd Party. Fully comp was closer to £400!? ShockedShocked

Over the years ive never mentioned any mods undertaken on any of me bikes other than having the engine worked on or upgrading front ends ie upside down forks and such...they are all a bloody ripoff imo but we do need the insurance incase the worse happens thumbs

bloody rip off but you do need it,ive always gone fully comp and age and postcode helps,i got the Ace and xj900 on a multi bike policy for just over £200 thumbs

ebike dont mind mods.You can list them all and get an online quote.
I just changed over from a CCM 644 to a 900 Hornet.Did it online(ebike) and i didnt have to pay nowt,not even admin charge and the new paperwork came a few days later thumbs

@flange wrote:
ebike dont mind mods.You can list them all and get an online quote.
I just changed over from a CCM 644 to a 900 Hornet.Did it online(ebike) and i didnt have to pay nowt,not even admin charge and the new paperwork came a few days later thumbs

they quoted me £1,000 lol got it down to just over £600 for the 2 bikes so bit better lol