Please do not use an email address as your username. If you have, please change your username. ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chadatious

wanted! 750cc plus bike?

deposit taken on my sv650. agreed price 1250.

im not after prefiably a zx9r, maybe thunderace, or old fireblade, or w.h.y??

i can go to £1350 but it depends how close you are as will cost me to pickup. thumbs

not for me sorry, rode kais did not get on with the handling, and want something fai8red this time Wink in no rush got up to 6 months to find something thumbs

Chad. Our mate still has the GSXF 750, but not sure what you're looking for? Is it fast enough? Shockedthumbsthumbs

Thundercat, cheaper to buy, cheaper to insure but goes pretty much like the R6. ZX7R, GSXR 600's have enough power to land you in the shit. smaller sports bikes are quicker than you might think. look at the cbr600F, 130BHP ( not enough torque though ) and once wound up will go bloody fast!

agree with matt go for the thundercat theyve got plenty poke m8 and you can pick em up cheap,the thunderace is group 16 insurance and might cost a bit at your age ,plus youd get a shed at that price thumbs

i'd seriously look at a thundercat. I've had one and they are a cracking bike! still got 100bhp on tap, in a reliable, well proven engine. Parts are dirt cheap, insurance is cheap and for £1500 you can get a cracking example!

@fr499y wrote:
i'd seriously look at a thundercat. I've had one and they are a cracking bike! still got 100bhp on tap, in a reliable, well proven engine. Parts are dirt cheap, insurance is cheap and for £1500 you can get a cracking example!

nope :P

think my hearss set on a zx9r anyhow!

still had log book the other day to sv, its probably going tmoz and i cant find it Surprised someone moved it but wont admit it!!! worrying like hell

rofl well if ya got a heart set on a bike, go for it, don't let anyone change ya mind thumbsLaughing

i think i know who that was aimed at Wink lol

and yeah mate!

maybe the post should have said zx9 wanted LaughingLaughing

@lee wrote:
i think i know who that was aimed at Wink lol

and yeah mate!

maybe the post should have said zx9 wanted LaughingLaughing

maybe but would look at other bikes if a good deal Wink

I would be tempted to go for the Fireblade,cracking bike, a lot lighter than the ZX9 and will handle better as well.My mate at work bought a ZX9,think its about 2000/2001 ish and he had a bit of an off,he found second hand parts are starting to get a bit thin on the ground for them,he also found its not as easy to get things like decent crash bungs and a few other bits and pieces to upgrade it.

I would be tempted to go for the Fireblade,cracking bike, a lot lighter than the ZX9 and will handle better as well.My mate at work bought a ZX9,think its about 2000/2001 ish and he had a bit of an off,he found second hand parts are starting to get a bit thin on the ground for them,he also found its not as easy to get things like decent crash bungs and a few other bits and pieces to upgrade it.

not sure on look of old blade. sat on one and it was a nice position. talking about 98-02. they look old fashioned so they dont handle like crap?

i had a 1989 zxr400 couple years back and handled like shite, was h1 import but handled like poo would not go around corners

the front wheel being a 16" limits you to what tyres you can actually get on the blade. Good engine, good handling but will no doubt sting you on insurance

@fr499y wrote:
the front wheel being a 16" limits you to what tyres you can actually get on the blade. Good engine, good handling but will no doubt sting you on insurance

front wheel off a CBR 600 is supposed to fit straight in and of all the big sports bikes the blade is the cheapest to insure because Insurers think that blade owners tend to be more mature and sensible.

@fr499y wrote:

front wheel off a CBR 600 is supposed to fit straight in and of all the big sports bikes the blade is the cheapest to insure because Insurers think that blade owners tend to be more mature and sensible.

Rules Chad straight out then thumbsShockedShockedLaughingLaughing

@fr499y wrote:

Might be, but dont forget chad is 19... his insurance is gunna be a killer for big bikes Laughing Yes the front from a 600 does fit but im sure its a thinner wheel?

Chad have you seen that Mack is selling his gixxer 750 ?. Look at his facebook page.

@fr499y wrote:
@fr499y wrote:

Might be, but dont forget chad is 19... his insurance is gunna be a killer for big bikes Laughing Yes the front from a 600 does fit but im sure its a thinner wheel?

It is, the standard tyres a 130/70/16 and the CBR 600 is a 120/70/17.doesnt make a deal of differance in the real world theres plenty of people done the mod and the differance in grip level you would get will be minimal if any.besides swapping to a 17 inch wheel lets you pick from much more modern and capable rubber than is available for the 16.

yup same mod as people do with the earlier hornets, from a 16 to 17" wheel. thumbs

@fr499y wrote:
yup same mod as people do with the earlier hornets, from a 16 to 17" wheel. thumbs

is it worth it on hornets, a mates got a hornet 600 1999 with a 130 front

Yeah not keen on srads. But nor is the insurance sadly. Shame bargain he is offering

@fr499y wrote:

is it worth it on hornets, a mates got a hornet 600 1999 with a 130 front

Again, its more for the tyre choice more than anything. the hornets were a bit of a mix and match some had 17" from factory some had 16"

Yeah not keen on srads. But nor is the insurance sadly. Shame bargain he is offering

Oh we'll worth a shot.

Blades and ZX9R's are both good bike,
both popular with streetfighters out here as they make great
projects and are affordable as well as being quick and tough.

In its day the Blade was the King of the Hill.
Up to then you either had a big fast bike,
or a smaller, less powerful bike.
It put 1000cc performance in a 600 size bike.
Like the Z900/CB750/GSXR750/R1/Hayabusa
the early blade is a biking landmark.

Its popular the stick the VFR single sider into the blade,
although recently a few folk have been breaking them up
to put the 900 Blade motor into FZR400's.

Same with the ZX9R's, a few are getting broken to put
the engine into ZXR750's, its an off the shelf conversion.
(the Blade/FZR isnt!)

Ben did mention he'd sell his ZX9R ......

I've only had a couple of bikes with 16" front wheels.
A little different, not the end of the world,
something you can get used too.

Although there's better tyre choice in 17"
you shouldnt have a drama getting 16's.

I always thought they felt more sensitive
to tyre wear, preasure settings and brands / choice,
but that might just have been me ?

Im looking for a GSX1100EF, the best/last of the
air-cooled GSX11's (bigger 1135cc/better internals)
funny enough they had a 16" front wheel too.

Ben did mention he'd sell his ZX9R ......

is the judge on its 2nd or 3rd engine now? i know one went bang on the dyno and had a real flame job on it thumbs

2nd that I know of.
But it gets a harder life than most folks bikes.
It was crashed at the drags, done some long
distance runs with boys weekends away and
generally only comes out to be abused ! To
see one of Australia's best Streetfighters turn
up with stone chips and dead flys is very cool.

Ben's a top bloke and very helpful .

good to see the bike get used! another one of my fav bikes was the MT-01 one of the guys over here made ( Moto15 ). oh and sideshow bobs blade which is also a awesome bike. Sure you have seen pics of these 2, but the bikes in person are top notch! ( well, the MT-01 was sold but i think his making another fighter MT-01 )

@fr499y wrote:
good to see the bike get used!

Here's another one Ben just put together.
(only running low boost, plenty more in it)

250hp Streetfightered R1.... thumbs